00 ✓ prologue

"This party fucking sucks

"This party fucking sucks." I say to one of my best friends, Ashanti. The music's loud as hell so I have to raise my voice a little. "My six year old siblings had better birthday parties."

"Amen, girl." Ash clashes her cup with mine as we both took a drink of them. "I wonder what Lani and Neva are doing." She says, looking at me then back at the crowd in front of us.

And in the crowd is both Geneva and Keilani dancing their asses off. The two are legit showing off on top of the table while people cheer for them. Out of our group the two were the extroverted ones. They love making new friends. But not to the point where me and Ash feel left out.

They're like psychics. They knew when girls are snakes. Most girls befriended them because they wanted to turn them against me and Ash since we were two out of the three black girls that attended school. Or to get close to my brother.

I don't know why they hate us so much but love my brother. He's literally my twin. Lani once told me that this one girl has the sex eyes for him since he's the only black basketball player in the school.

I didn't know what to say about that so I moved on.

"Hey Ash." The sound of my brother's voice grabs me and Ashanti's attention. We both turn our heads and see him and Brandon walking up to us. Mateo leans on the island next to Ash while Brandon stands by me.

"Hello to you too, Asshole." I mumble and he waves me off. Mateo has a thing for Ash. In our group, it was so obvious, even Ash knew. I honestly don't care if they dated, she would be a hundred times better than the snakes that attend our school.

But since he sleeps around with other girls, she's making him suffer. She loves playing hard to get and it's honestly refreshing watching my brother not get what he wants for a change.

"What's in there?" Brandon asks me, leaning over my shoulder to look inside my cup. I chuckle and hand it to him. "Hm, cheap ass beer. Typical." He takes the cup from me and pours it down the drain.

Saves me from throwing up a whole cup of beer. "So, how's the team?" I question as I lean against the island so that I'm facing him. "Are they getting along?" I add along with a look and he sighed.

"Hell to the no. They might be behaving for the team but we all see how they wanna tear each others throats out." He answers, glancing at my brother for a second then back at me.

I chuckle. Mateo and Leonardo have hated each other since the eighth grade. I have no idea why since him and my brother kept it under the rug. It must have been something bad for two playboys to keep something secret but I'm not interested.

In all honesty, I don't care. But as long as the two morons don't bring me into their drama i will continue not to care.

"I need to go to the bathroom." I announce and make my way out of the kitchen. I forgot whose house we were at which means I have no idea where the bathrooms are. Which also means I have to do a little exploring.