"You're looking forward to not seeing me around set anymore?" He asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"I'm just looking forward to not having to do costuming anymore," I replied. He laughed and I giggled.

"What kind of torture are they putting you through in costuming?" he asked. I sighed.

"Horrible things," I replied with, a fake dark expression painted across my face.

++++

It didn't take long to get to the nightclub. I could hear music thumping even though we were outside. It was already dark out, a navy blue that reminded me of the ocean. 

"Here, hold onto me," Timothee said. I was a step behind him and he offered out his arm. I felt my heart rate quicken as I wrapped my arm around his. He pulled me closer and I smelled his scent as we walked into the doors. It was what I expected of a celebrity new years party. The smell of alcohol and expensive perfume wafted through the air, mixed with sweat and plastic. I tightened my grip on Timothee as the crowds of people started pushing in. Timothee quickly looked back at me to make sure I was still with him, before pushing forward. After a minute,  he found some shining spiral stairs. I let go of his arm to walk up behind him. When we reached the top, it was obvious this was where the real celebrities were hanging. 

"Cudi!," Timothee said, casually walking over and giving one of those bro-hugs to a man who had been getting a drink from the bar. 

"Timmy, glad you could make it," I heard him say. They started a small conversation with each other. I was slightly behind Timothee, unsure where I should be standing right now. I looked around the room and admired all the people and the music I could feel thrumming in my veins. 

"And this is Cleo," Timothee said. He placed a hand on my back and gently guided me forward.  I heard my name and turned my head to the man. He offered out his hand and I politely shook it, giving my sweetest smile.

"Nice to meet you," I said, hoping he could hear it over the noise.

"You too!" He said, looking at me for a second longer before flicking his eyes to Timothee, then to me again, then back to Timothee. I felt Timothee's hand still lingering around my waist, holding me with him. I was glad the room was dark, or my face would look like a tomato right now. I had barely noticed they'd started talking again until I heard my name come up.

"So Cleo, you an actress too?" The man asked. I laughed lightly and shook my head.

"I wish, but I'm actually in college right now," I said. He smiled and looked a bit surprised.

"Really? Where do you go?" He questioned.

"NYU," I replied, nodding my head. Timothee's hand that remained on me still made me a little light-headed. The man looked impressed.

"Nice, what are you studying?" He asked.

"I'm in the film program, I'm studying to be a producer," I explained. He seemed to understand.

"Is that where you guys met?" He asked, referring to me and Timothee. We both nodded. 

"She had an internship at my movie," he explained. The man made an "o" with his mouth.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Cleo. Hope I see you around, yeah?" He asked. I nodded and gave what I hoped was a cheerful smile.