Take a deep breathe - Basil

They walked down the sidewalk, it was around 5:45 by now but it was fine, they were only a street away from Kel's house. They had talked about meaningless things for the past hour or so, mostly about school. Now, as the approached the house, they were silent. Enjoying the slight chill that winter brought.

Basil smiled slightly when Kel's house came into view, "Now that I think about it, I haven't been to Kel's since you left. Whenever we hang out we always go meet somewhere."

For a moment, he wasn't surprised he got no response, Sunny had always been the quiet listener, but then Basil realized the other boy wasn't walking beside him anymore. 

"Sunny?" He looked back at him, Sunny seemed frozen, staring ahead of them, "IS something wrong Sunny?"

Sunny still didn't respond so instead, Basil opted for looking to whatever was bothering Sunny. Then he saw it, the car in the driveway. Now he understood. Kel's family usually left their car in the garage as they could pretty much walk anywhere they needed to around town. The car being out could only mean one thing, Hero was home. Basil, oddly, found himself smiling. Sunny hadn't seen Hero since he'd left,but Basil had. They'd actually had quite a few conversations since what happened. 

Basil walked over to Sunny and took his hand, ignoring the jolt he felt through his body as he did, and gave Sunny the warmest smile he could muster. "Come on. Everything will be okay."

Sunny looked at him, then took a slow, steady breathe. He nodded and then allowed Basil to lead him the rest of the way to the door. Basil couldn't help smile just a bit wider, Sunny was doing his best and it was sweet that despite how nervous Sunny was he was still trying. Basil knocked on the door, knowing Sunny probably couldn't right now. They heard some noise from the other side and then the door swang open. 

"Oh- Basil? I didn't expect to see you here!" Kel smiled brightly at them, then his eyes landed on Sunny, "Oh! Hey man! Come on in you two!

They followed Kel in, the houses warmth washing over them. Basil ever so slowly let go of Sunny's hand, he didn't want to embarrassed him. Surprisingly, though, this just made Sunny inch a little closer. 

Kel led them into the living room, flopping onto the couch and gesturing for them to sit down. They did so, and Basil let out a slight yawn. "Aw man," Kel sighed, "I was hoping Sunny coming would be a surprise for you Basil."

Basil smiled, "Oh trust me. It was a surprise. I was leaving Gino's and we ran into each other. I got the date wrong for when you wanted to meet up."

Kel shrugged, "Its fine. Oh yeah, Hero's in the shower right now, he should be down in about an hour. Wanna watch something?" 

Basil could feel Sunny tense besidr him at Hero's name, Basil gently pat Sunny's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. Then Basil looked back to Kel, "Yeah, you can put on whatever you want. I don't usually watch very much TV."

Kel flipped to some channel that Basil didn't pay much attention to, instead, he looked over at Sunny. Who was now leaning on him, with his eyes closed. Sunny did this all the time when they were younger, randomly falling asleep on the person closest to him. Usually, Basil would gently poke his face to wake him up, but now he just let Sunny sleep. Hopefully Sunny would feel a bit better once he woke up.