Chapter 2: In London- Highschool Sweethearts.

Bondita's POV: -

It was my last fall in King Williamson's Academy. No. It was OUR last fall. 

He, my darling, sweet Anirudh, would leave for India in order to bring change. Start a revolution. The Beginning of New Era: of equality, fraternity, and kindness. 

The Britishers had left and though it was the 21st century, lingering feelings of hatred and unrest remained. Anirudh wanted to eradicate the root of such negative emotions. He wanted a land of peace– a tranquil motherland– his and mine. 

As I was thinking about all of this, a dark shadow flashed by me. I started to panic, but then two robust hands cupped my cheeks, and I could inhale the sweet fragrance of rose. 

"Bondita..." his deep voice echoed near my left ear, and it was laced in such warmth. 

"What were you thinking, honey? So lost in thought that you ate only half of that sandwich and left the rest as a feast for rodents? Or maybe...you have found another sweet man...to feast on?" 

He chuckled as I raised an eyebrow at him, then started running after him as I realised the meaning behind his words. 

Naughty Babu, I thought. 

Despite spending most of my life here, I still remembered my mother tongue, and the nostalgia clung close to my heart. Amara mishti bangla... 

"Anirudh. Let's not avoid it anymore." I said, my voice firm with determination. 

"I don't get you..." he said, turning away from me, avoiding my gaze. 

"Our relationship. What happens to you and I after you go back..." 

"Bondita...you know I love you, right? The most in the world...but..." 

"I know. That's why I've decided. I'll go with you!" 

"That's ridiculous. Your dream was to stay in London and establish your own firm, was it not? Don't do it because of me, please..." 

"Yes, it's true that I'm doing this because of you...but do you know how much it pains my heart to let you leave? Be miles away from you in the hopes that one day, you'll return...but that hope is bleak, Anirudh. I'm doing this because I want to. This is my decision." 

"..." 

Without saying another word, my man pulled me into a warm embrace. His soft hands caressed my back, rubbing little circles, and soothing my pain. He truly loved me. More than he did himself. But I loved him too, more than I did myself. 

He then pressed his lips to mine in all the chastity that our love held. 

A/N: Hey guys and gals! If you enjoyed this piece, remember that this is only a piece of the cake that symbolises my skill in writing! Please check out my other story- A Forbidden Love. Inspired from Sasural Simar Ka's characters, but made from my own creative spirit! 

*removed the story as it got too personal, though you can still read it on AO3 if you'd like.