° Chapter Eight °

Start from the beginning

“I'll go”

Smokescreen stepped up. “Alone?!”
Ratchet protested. “You have a better option?”

Ratchet was left to think with Smokescreen waiting for the order from the medic. After a final decision, he sigh and walked to grab the handle to pull, opening the ground bridge.

“Fine”

Then he focused his attention back to the monitors in hopes to try to reach Optimus and the others. With the medic distracted, he looked at Jack before spotting Michael staring at the screen

In all honesty, if you wanted to find Michael. You'd have to know where he was at first. Or else the moment you turn your back, he's gone.

Smokescreen wave his servo which successfully gained the attention of Michael. He gestured him to come over and Michael quickly yet stealthy walked down the stairs before jogging up to the rookie.

“Hmn?”

“Ratchet says it's fine..”

He stared down at the two humans. “What are you..thinking of?”

Jack says with Michael so clueless on what's about to come. Smokescreen smirked. He leans forward, “But I don't think he really wants me to go alone..”

Michael then immediately got the idea of what he meant and before he could protest. The three of them were already in a completely different location.

“I just pulled a Miko..”

Jack said with his hand on his head. Michael still processing what happened and how he ended up here. “But we-”

“Oh come on Mike! I always wanted to show you how'd I deal with the Decepticons! Or how we, Autobots do our duties so here we are!”

Michael sighed as he turned back to where the ground bridge last appeared. “Alright..it's too late to go back anyway..”

“Now let's go grab a relic!”

Smokescreen took off first with Jack and Michael looking at each other before they followed after him. With Michael's mind going round in circles.

“I can't believe I'm here right now where danger could be anywhere and anytime!”

“At the same time...it's gonna be my ever first experience to see what's going on with the Autobots and the Decepticons..”

They hide behind the huge boulders and take a peek on what's in front of them. Michael looked at Jack with concern. “It's not me I'm concerned about, it's Jack..”

He mumbled as he looked over to see the same robots he last saw when he first met the Autobots. What he learnt were vehicons, part of the Decepticons.

As well as some kind of large insect kind of robot. It disgusted Michael just to see how huge they are and how their shaped after an insect. 

There they could see from afar was some kind of an object stuck in the huge boulders that the Decepticons are trying to take. To no avail it would seem like the Decepticons are going to have to bring the rock along with it.

“Whoa! It's a sword”

Jack said with Michael agreeing by nodding his head. “Not just any sword. That looks like the star saber”

Just hearing that made Michael thought of Star Wars. But he shake his head to focus on what he has been dragged into.

“A legendary weapon forged by Solas Prime, as lore would have it”

Michael softly and quietly chuckled nervously.

“Just wait till you learn of the lore behind the Freddy's...it took me so long to understand what had happened and which is why I have to release them..”

“It's rumored to wield the power of the matrix” Smokescreen continued. As he smiled at the thought of him bringing back the Star Saber. “I'm gonna make Optimus proud!”

Michael looked at him, having judgement.

“And not you bringing me and Jack here knowing the danger?”

Jack looked up at Smokescreen. “Not a good idea..”

“Why?”

“Because..Megatron's here..”

Michael's head perk up when he heard the name. It's a name that was carried around by the Autobots multiple times. Yet he never seen how Megatron would look like of how villainous he was.

Guess he will now.

He then spotted one Decepticon that truly outstands the rest. Which could only mean that's the leader of the Decepticons, Megatron.

“Holy cow...he definitely have that dark aura..around him”

Michael mumbled to himself. Smokescreen adding, “The dark lord himself..”

But as stubborn as a rookie he is, he bumped his fists together. “He won't know what hit him”

Michael widen his eyes in fear as he stopped Smokescreen from interfering the Decepticons. “H-Hold on Smokescreen”

“Huh?”

“Something isn't..right”

Jack said as he squinted at the scene from afar. “Why doesn't Megatron just take the Star Saber?”

That was also a question floating in Michael's mind. Only for Smokescreen to answer, “Germaphobe?”

Michael felt his second hand embarrassment for him. “I don't think that's the case..” he said.

“Seriously, we need to wait for backup”

Said Jack. “We should..cause it seems like they're taking the whole boulder with them too. Like they couldn't take the sword out”

“It's like Thor's hammer, only the worthy one can pick it up..”

That's when Michael had a thought. He looked at them cutting the boulder only to get the sword. He looked up at Smokescreen “What did you say the Star Saber was again?”

“Uh..it's a legendary weapon forged by Solas Prime..?”

“If that's the case, then only a Prime can take it out. Thus why Megatron hasn't taken the Star Saber yet..cause he isn't a Prime...”

Jack then followed Michael's lead as he nodded. “That actually does make sense! Smokescreen, we have to wait for Optimus!”

Smokescreen doesn't seem to have the patient to wait. “Even though that could be the case but we must try or else the Star Saber would be in the hands of the Decepticons”

He jumped on top of the huge rock before leaping forward. “Besides, you heard Ratchet. Backups not available right now!”

He ran off to the direction where the Star Saber is. “Is he crazy?! There is no way he can handle all of them and not when their leader is there too!”

Michael said with a panic hinted in his voice. Jack calming him down with a pat on the back.

“I know. They may be outnumbered but they overcome all challenges. But..since this is Smokescreen and Megatron is here, I can agree with you. We definitely need the others now..”