Chapter 16 - An Even Deeper Dream

Same night...

Location - Mitake Residence, Ran's Room

Ran's POV

Knowing that the day is now done and over with made me happy, but I was a bit upset as it meant I have to wait until morning to talk to the man of my dreams. I did feel a bit bad that he had a stressful day, though. I wonder if there is anything I can do to help him...

Oh well, I shouldn't be thinking about that right now. It is late, and I have school in the morning.

"Well, off to bed I go..."

I laid down in bed and stared at my ceiling. It took me a while to fall asleep, and eventually, I started having a dream that was started to change everything.
______________________________________

Ran's Dream

Location - (L/N) Residence (old house)

I opened my eyes and for some reason, I was at (Y/N)'s old house. Something about this didn't seem right, though.

"Are you ready, Ran?" A familiar voice asked me out of nowhere.

I looked over to see (Y/N) standing next me. What's going on here?

"Am I ready for what?" I asked.

"Don't you remember? We're meeting my parents today." He explained.

"Huh?! I'm meeting your parents?!" I exclaimed. I don't remember requesting this at all.

"They might be scary at first, but I promise they're going to love you." He said as he began to held my hand.

"Oh, well, if you say so then..." I awkwardly replied.

(Y/N) guided me inside his house and as the two of us made our way inside, we found two adults hanging out in the living room. I guess those are the parents that gave (Y/N) a terrible childhood.

"Mother! Father! There's someone I want to introduce you to." He said.

"Where the hell have you been?" Mr. (L/N) asked.

"And who the fuck is that?" Mrs. (L/N) asked as she pointed her finger at me.

"Oh, right."

(Y/N) cleared his throat before he spoke.

"Mom, dad, this is Ran, my girlfriend."

They looked furious, and that made me nervous.

"You?! With a girlfriend?!" Mrs. (L/N) exclaimed.

"Please, you know full well we don't approve of you having a girlfriend!" Mr. (L/N) snapped.

"And why is that? You both know that I deserve to have a little bit of happiness!" (Y/N) argued back. I've never seen him like this before.

"Oh that is it!"

Mr. (L/N) grabbed his belt and wrapped it around his neck, choking him. He was struggling for air. I wanted to help him, but all I can do was stood there in fear.

"R-Ran, help me..." He said.

He tried to reach out to me with his hand, but it was hard for him to do that with the belt around his neck. However, (Y/N) stopped breathing, and I held him in my arms as tears fell out of my eyes.

"(Y/N)! Please speak to me!"

It was too late... he was dead, and I felt useless for not being able to help him. Tears fell down from eyes, and I couldn't stop myself from crying. I wish this didn't happened. I wish I could've saved him. I wish none of this was real...

Wait, none of this is real? This has to be dream. After all, (Y/N)'s parents did leave the country, and (Y/N) is living in an apartment complex. And I know he wouldn't die on me, because... he loves me too much.
______________________________________

End of dream...

Location - Mitake Residence, Ran's Room

I suddenly woke up and before I knew it, there was tears coming out of my eyes. Out of all the dreams I had before, this was honestly the most heartbreaking one. But thankfully, my brain made me realize that it was a dream, and (Y/N) is still alive.

"That was a close call..."

Although, I can't help but wonder where are (Y/N)'s parents, and what are they up to now? It has been a while since they last appeared. Maybe they're enjoying their new lives in another country...

"Wait a minute, why am I thinking about this?" I asked myself.

They're not even my parents to begin with, so it feels strange for me to be thinking about them. Instead of thinking about this any further, I just laid back down and went to sleep.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 16, and I hoped you guys liked it. Between the two dreams that was displayed here, which do you think was better? Comment down below your opinion.

See you in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)