Chapter 5 - Hinting Something

A few days later...

Location - Mitake Residence, Living Room

Your POV

It was night time now. The streets were quiet, meaning that traffic isn't active until tomorrow, unless those need to go in the middle of the night. At the Mitake residence, it was nothing but silence. Mr. Mitake, Ran and I were pretty much asleep. Well, they are at least. I was laying down on the couch and looking at the ceiling, still thinking about my parents and everything they put me through.

"I guess it's hard to sleep on a couch than I thought." I whispered to myself, trying not to talk to loud.

By the start of the new year, I should be able to have enough money to get my own place, and the house I have my eyes on is close to my school, so I don't have to be stressed about being late. Though apart wished I could stay here longer, after the kind hospitality Mr. Mitake and Ran has given me.

"Oh well, I guess I should try to get some sleep." I said and shut my eyes and slowly began to fall asleep. However, going to sleep would be the biggest mistake I have ever done.
______________________________________

Dream...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

Wait a minute, is this my house? Why does it look so... different? And how did I end up here exactly? I thought I was sleeping on the couch at the Mitake household.

"Where the fuck are you?!" A familiar voice shouted towards me.

A chill went down my spine, as I knew exactly who it was. My father entered the living room. He was mad, and had an empty bottle in his hand.

"I got a bone to pick with you!" He snapped.

"W-What's the matter?" I asked as I began to step back.

My father began to walk towards me.

"Why the hell can't you ever amount to anything?! Why can't you be perfect like your mother and I?" He asked.

"I-I tried to be, I promise." I said. Something about all of this feels... familiar. Could it be a memory from my horrible past?

"Well, I am convinced that you're not trying hard enough, and because of that, no one is going to care about you!" He said.

I began to cry when he said that, but then...

"Oh boo woo, you're crying like a little bitch." 

He pulled out his belt and started to hit me until I was in pain. And before I knew it...
______________________________________

End of dream...

Location - Mitake Residence, Living Room

GASP

I ended up back at Ran's house, breathing heavily. I guess it really was a dream. But that dream itself, though... I remember it like it was yesterday. It was when my parents started abusing me when I first began school, and that abusing came out of nowhere, mind you.

"Why?" I asked myself. "Why did it have to appear in a dream?"

Instead of going to sleep again, I stayed up to try not to, fearing that I would have the same dream over again. 
______________________________________

The next day...

Location - Haneoka Girls Academy

After school was done, we agreed that I would meet the Afterglow girls at their school, so we could go to Hazawa Coffee together. I was lucky that I was able to find a day off from work, and Afterglow not having band rehearsals to attend to.

While I was waiting for the girls, though, I felt tired and exhausted. But that's what I get for staying up all night, just to avoid that one particular dream. I didn't get a chance to bring it up with Ran and her father because I didn't want them to worry about me.

"Sorry to keep you waiting!" A familiar voice called out to me.

I looked over and there was Afterglow coming towards me.

"Hey, how was your guys' day?" I asked.

"Not bad, I guess. Same as always, you know?" Ran replied as her face turned red a little.

I didn't know why Ran was blushing, but it looked like Moca knew, but decided not to say anything as the six of us headed over to Hazawa Coffee.
______________________________________

Later that day...

Location - Residential Area

After spending the rest of the day together, everyone went there separate ways except for Tsugumi. Moca wanted me to walk home with her so she could talk to me about something important. I wasn't sure why she was doing it, but I have a feeling I would find out soon.

"So (Y/N)-kun, could Moca-chan ask you a serious question?" She asked.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"How do you feel about Ran?"

I wonder why she asked that?

"Ran is nice, despite that serious personality of hers. And I guess I do see her as the rebellious type." I said. I hope she didn't hear me say that.

"I see. Anything else?" She asked.

"I don't think so." I said.

"Are you sure?"

"Moca, what are you trying to get at?" I asked.

"Well, Moca-chan thinks that Ran has a crush on you." She said.

"Crush? What do you mean?" I asked, oblivious.

"What I mean is, she has a crush on you. Moca-chan could tell by the way she was looking at you." She explained.

"She was looking at me? I didn't noticed that." I said.

"Don't worry, Mother Moca-chan will tell you about the birds and the bees when you're older." She said.

"Whatever you say..." I awkwardly replied.

But could she be right, though? Does Ran really have a crush on me? I guess I could confront her about it, but... would she be mad at me if I brought it up with her? Okay, I am starting to overthink this.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you guys for reading chapter 5 and I hoped you guys liked it. See you guys in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)