Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

Griffith seemed interested by me but his eye slid back to Lowell, giving him his full attention.

"She's quite a beautiful girl, and she tells me she's always liked you." She cocked his head, his hands resting the top knee of his folded legs.

"What..." Lowell took a deep breath. "Are you actually mental or something? What is this? Why try to arrange a mating now? I'm only barely past the age anyway, I- I might still find my true mate." He glanced at me and I couldn't help the little sliver of panic in my eyes tell him to keep his eyes off of me.

"I wouldn't keep anything from you Lowell, I'm doing this for her sake."

"Whose."

"The little she-wolf, Aleena. Powerful thing, good enough to be beta at least."

"Why would she want to mate with me?" Lowell frowned.

My stomach churned, I tasted the tea and set it back down.

"She's admired you for a long time, she missed you when you left, for her sake I bring you back. You'd break her heart if you didn't at least give her a chance..." He sipped at his tea.

"Give her a chance... I'm not doing shit. If... If she was my mate I'd have scented that already! Fuck off, let me go back home!"

"Back home?" He scoffed. "Unless you're particularly clever I don't believe you have one."

My eyes went wide and Lowell looked at me, annoyed he looked away.

He stood up and I followed suit. "I'm not doing shit. You cast me out. This rogue doesn't wish to illegally trespass on your land, Alpha." He sneered, bowing his head.

Griffith looked annoyed, deadly annoyed, as he stood up as well. "You grew up here, stop being such a little shit."

I frowned. "On the contrary, what Lowell's saying sounds sensible. You kicked him out, he has no responsibility to make you happy anymore, not that any of this sounds like it would have qualified as filial in any case."

His dark gaze turned to me. "He's my son bitch, he'll do what I say."

My anger flared past the point of seeing just how scary he looked at full height. "If you wanted a gigolo for a son you ought to have raised him differently." I snapped.

Lowell looked at me, shocked, as though he expected me to be on the floor kneeling at this point or something.

Griffith stepped back around the table and began to approach us. The guy was intimidating, as much as I wish he wasn't, but even I was surprised when Lowell roughly pushed me behind him and squared up his shoulders growling low.

"Be quiet!" Griffith ordered in a tone of voice that caused me to jolt, pressing into Lowell's back, heart racing uncomfortably.

But Lowell continued growling, a low dangerous warning growl that sent my heart jogging as well.

He scoffed. "Disobedient little..." He stepped closer and the growling got louder, I grabbed Lowell's bicep, though I wasn't sure what I was hoping to do.

"I don't believe you'd go through all this trouble of forcing me back just for some pack girl that says she misses me, who I've never gotten to know." He stated mistrustfully.

"In this situation, son." He leaned in closer. "You're better off submitting quickly. I'm impatient." Then he turned to me and my heart jolted. "Although there's something more pressing nagging at my interest..."

"What?" Lowell asked darkly.

"When we initially met your little friend we thought he was human," He circled us, getting closer to me. "But he seems unsurprised that werewolves exist and..." He sniffed the air. "Even humans have a certain scent to them, so why is his so faint?"

Lowell laughed nervously, glancing at me. I narrowed an eye back at him, trying to figure out if he was keeping something from me. 

"Faint or not he's got a human scent, you know he's not a lycan."

Griffith seemed to be closing in even without stepping closer, his presence reaching out, and the both of us felt it. 

He hummed. "No matter!" He said finally. "You'll both be here a while," He told Lowell.

We both glanced at each other, alarm growing.

He smiled at us both as he began moving away, the pack members acting as enforcers spilling into the room slowly, surrounding us.

"Don't try anything Lowell, for your own dignity." 

[A/N] Hugs to my patrons for supporting my work  (˵ - ᴗ - ˵ )♡

 ♆ Deadnerd4life ♆ LadyQueen-Sama ♆ Nakiro ♆ dianaluvsumore ♆ Aylaxana ♆ hasnoshamexx ♆ Orphylia ♆ lily12243 ♆ midnightdirrtyRuth ♆ Echo_53 ♆ darkabyss7851 ♆ tarry_omlins ♆ Onibun ♆ Annabun ♆ eatsyounu ♆ Nightstalkingheroes ♆ CrimsonEyedSinner ♆ LettieK ♆ Madara ♆ min_aholic ♆ Choktious ♆ Kasilo ♆ hannah_khatter ♆