𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

Start from the beginning

Hair was wet with molten snow and his cheeks were still a bit red. Where were your manners? You didn't even gave him a towel! Instead you were oogling him like a-like a hopeless romantic teenager!

You rose from the couch and raced towards the bathroom to give him a towel. Laurie raised a brow at your sudden activity.

'''What are you doing?'' He called out after you, but he didn't got an answer. Only an out of breath version of you who stood a minute later by his side tossing a towel towards him.

''Thank you.''

Two hours later and your head was on his shoulder, the both of you were reading a poem that you find in the livingroom.

''What in God's name were you doing outside actually?'' You wondered out loud.

''I was by the March's, didn't knew it was going to storm.''

You hummed, satisfied with the answer and went back to reading.

During the evening, Laurie glanced at you multiple times. His eyes soft and full of love, oh how he wished he could be more than friends.

But that just what you were, friends.

Written in the stars, set in stone. It was never meant to be and if he had to be honest with himself he wouldn't dare to disrupt the friendship you two had. But it was fine, better something than nothing.

Then why ached his heart when you laid your head on his shoulder and he couldn't give a peck to your forehead?

It was fine, seriously it was fine.

Of course you noticed the lingering glances that Laurie gave, but you were far to embarassed to make a move (in case he would reject you). He was so pretty and you were- you didn't think you were ugly, but you couldn't possibly imagine that he liked you back.

The evening flew by and you glanced up by the sound of the clock, it was ready midnight! Laurie looked up to and gave a look that said: oops!

Still snowing and the wind howling, it would be unsafe to let Laurie go.

You scraped your throat and looked towards the table, your head still laying on his shoulder.

"I don't think it's safe if you went back to your home, Laurie."

He hummend in agreement, it was indeed better if he stayed here, wait what? What did you just say?

He looked up from his book and glanced at you with widend eyes.

"Are you sure?"

You smiled at him, "of course I'm sure Laurie. I don't want you to die or something!" You swatted his forearm lightly.

He laughed, "I'm flattered."

"Let me just set up your room, I will be right back!"

You went upstairs, picked up a flaming candle from the hallway and opened the door of the guestroom, a cold gust of wind went up in your face and you stepped inside the room. The chilliness of the room got you goosebumps on your arms and you folded them against your chest. You would be a terrible host if you let Laurie sleep in this room.

What if, what if he? No don't think like that, that's scandalous!

A quiet laugh escaped your mouth and you felt heat creeping up your neck. You took a moment to calm your laughter and went downstairs again.

¨Laurie!'' You stormed of the stairs.

''Yes?''

''Uh, the guest room is ice, ice cold I can't let you sleep in there and my parents will murder me if I let anyone in their room.'' You didn't look him in the eye. Realisation hits him. ''So we have to share my room, it's the only option, think of a sleepover.'' He puts his book away.

You noticed the red on his cheeks.

''Are you sure?''

''Yes.''

''Really, really sure?''

''Yes!''

''Really?''

''Ye-es! Now if you say it one more time, I'm kicking you out!''

That shutted Laurie up, ''I'm going to refresh my room and change into my sleepwear, you can change afterwards.''

Half an hour past by and Laurie had changed in his sleepingwear (it was an old outfit from him self that you simply kept incase of emergencies). He called out your name and you stepped into your bedroom.

He was really pretty.

''You're pretty,'' you noted. His eyes twinkeled more then normal and he had a small smile on his face.

You walked over to your bed, and ducked underneath the covers. Half lidded you looked at him. Quickly he followed too. Laurie was laying on the outerst part of the bed and his body went stiff like a plank. He didn't knew what to do, here he was laying with the prettiest girl in the world. You really were to him the prettiest girl he ever saw.

The two of you stared at eachother, the candlelight on your nightstand was flickering slightly that gave a warm glow to the whole room. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, it never was with Laurie. Just a silence heavied with unsaid words, unsure what to do.

You saw his eyes fall and relaxing his body. You turned around for a few seconds and blew out the candle. The room dimmed with the warmth and the light from the fireplace in your room. You shut down your eyes and laid in a comfortable position.

It was Laurie who broke the silence, ''you're really pretty too Y/N. Most beautiful girl I've ever seen.''

You were thankful that it was now darker otherwise he might saw how nervous you had become, you mumbeled a quiet thanks.

''Goodnight, Laurie.''

''Goodnight, Y/N.''

You didn't knew what will happen tommorrow, but you hoped something positive (a proposal! No angry parents!).