Chapter 11: Party

Start from the beginning

He shook his head, "Put my number in your phone."

"What?"

"Parties can go wrong very fast. Put my fucking number in your phone in case anything happens," he told me while holding his hand out to take my phone. 

I stared at his hand for a moment, and he closed his palm quickly, encouraging me to hand it to him. 

I handed it to him, and watched him as he put his number in it. He handed it back to me while talking seriously, "If anything happens, call me."

His eyes stared into mine. 

"Why do you care?" I nearly blurted.

My eyes widened at my own words. He's always so cold and mean, and I'm starting to think that maybe he doesn't even want to be friends with me.

His head tilted slightly, "Don't be asking me that stupid shit."

His voice turned more serious. Angrier. 

I wasn't in the mood to deal with this. I turned around, not taking another look back at him and his stupid daises. 

I should crumple them up and throw them at his stupid attractive face.

----------

"I want to meet her."

"No! You're gonna scare her away."

"No, I won't."

My eyebrows raised at him, "Yes you will, Romeo. She's sweet, trust me."

He let out a sigh. Romeo wasn't too happy I was going to a party with somebody he had never met before, but he said he would let me go as long as I'd be back before 1 am. 

A knock came from the front door, and Romeo and I both looked at each other at the same time. 

We both started running toward the front door at the same time, trying to trip and push each other to get there first. Definitely not on purpose, I accidentally kicked him in the balls while trying to trip him, making him stop running and lean against the kitchen table while he groaned.

I stood back up to my full height, adjusting my hair and dress which had gotten messed up. I nodded, "Good attempt, loser."

I walked toward the front door, swinging it open. Winter wore a black dress, the same color as her hair, and black heels. Her jaw dropped, "You look stunning, Elle!"

I took a step out and closed the door behind me before Romeo could walk again. I linked my arms with hers as we walked to her car, "So do you."

I wore a white dress and heels, and I had my hair straightened. 

Winter drove a small pink car that made me smile. It smelt like flowers, and I realized it was coming out of the air freshener that she had hanging from her rearview mirror. 

"You don't have to drink if you don't want to," she told me. "I'm not a huge drinker, I usually just have enough to get tipsy. It's like having the same fun, but without the headache."

Her words made me smile. I don't like to drink, and now I felt more comfortable not doing it. 

She parked on the road, and it was clear which house was having the party. Red solo cups lay in the yard, and drunk people both stand and sit on it. The porch is filled with people, also, and smoke came from a group of people standing on the far right. 

Her car comes to a stop, and we get out at the same time. 

"Don't go too far away from me," Winter squeezed my arm. "I trust the guys here, but you can never be too careful."