Chapter 11: Party

Snoop Dogg played on the flower shops speaker since I was working alone. I think my grandparents would have a heart attack if I played this while they were here.

It had been a pretty slow morning, not too many people coming it. I walked around, played with the ends of my hair, and smelt the flowers. 

I'd be lying if I said Nicos' words didn't affect me. A tear or two may have rolled down my cheeks once I got home, even though I really had no right to be upset. 

If he doesn't want to kiss me, that's fine. I can't be mad at him over that. 

But I'm still upset about it. 

I heard my phone buzzing against the counter, making me rush over to it and pick up. I answered, "Hello?"

"Hi, Elle!" Winters' voice spoke. "I know it's sort of last minute, but are you busy tonight?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm not. What's up?"

"I'm going to a party tonight and was wondering if you'd want to come?"

My first party.

"Yea! Where is it?"

"It's at my friends' house, it's a house party. Text me your address and I'll be there to pick you up at 8."

"Okay, see you then," I smiled before hanging up.

Winter is now my new best friend and I would die for her.

Just kidding. But she's definitely becoming a friend of mine, I hope. 

I hummed to the Snoop Dogg song until the front doors bell dinged. 

My eyes looked up, and the smile slowly left my face seeing Nico. He walked straight up to me as if yesterday had never happened, "Daisies."

"No please?" I muttered, walking around the counter to go and grab some. 

I grabbed a bouquet, and I heard him walking behind me. I turned around while I kept them in my hands, and I wondered if he had been thinking about yesterday all night, just like I had.

I kept my eyes off of him and looked at the flowers. I spoke quietly, "There are dozens of other flower shops, you know."

I wasn't planning on looking at him, but his words made me lift my eyes up to his, "I know."

My sad heart warmed a bit. 

I handed him the flowers, "Have a nice day, sir."

I turned on my heels to walk back around the counter when he grabbed onto my wrist and turned me back around, "Wait."

I looked up at him, curious as to what he could want. 

"Why don't you stop by the tattoo parlor tonight? I'll be working from 8 pm - 11 pm."

My eyebrows lowered. Yesterday he stepped away from me, and told me that he didn't want to kiss me. Maybe he just wants to be friends. But as I look him up and down, and butterflies fill my stomach, I don't know if a friendship is what I want.

"I can't," I told him, making him look confused. "I'm going to a party."

"What? What fucking party?"

"One you aren't invited to," I replied, taking a step past him to go back to the counter. 

He once again grabbed my wrist, and I turned around but pulled it out of his grip. I know he could've kept his grip on it, but he let me pull it away. 

"I'm serious. What party?"

"My friend Winter is going to one at her friends' house, and I'm going with her," I told him, and his jaw clenched.