𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 19

Start from the beginning

''I can tell.''He sighed,taking out the cigarette case from his pocket.He placed the cancerous stick between his plush lips,rubbing it a bit before he grabbed a match and lit it up.Offering Athena one,she took it gladly.

After he lit up hers as well,he put the match out,placing it on the neat crystallized ash tray that was on the small table that held a lamp as well next to him.

''Michael told me that you are considering your relationship while he is back at Pol's.''Tommy sighed out,letting the smoke escape his lips.

Athena sighed,taking a long drag herself.She shook her head,the smoke escaping from her nostrils.

''I don't know what to think,Thomas.One thing that I know is,I just can't forgive infidelity.And it was not a single drunk mistake;it was happening behind my back for a good couple of months.He got her pregnant as well.''She let out a heartbroken chuckle.Leaning back,she placed her cigarette between her lips once more,turning her gaze to Tommy.

''I think that it's truly over,Tommy.''She added,making him furrow his brows and let out a 'fuck' that she barely picked up.

''I don't think I deserve a husband that can't even be loyal to me,Tommy.''She whispered,looking at her fingers that were on her lap,not wanting to look at him anymore as her eyes filled up with tears.

''Fuck.''She repeated the same word that Thomas let out before,this one though was a broken one.Filled with emotion as her tears started running down her cheeks.

''Oh,darling.''He sighed as he wrapped his arms around her,mindful of the cigarette between his fingers and the one that was between hers.

''You cheated on me as well,before.You loved Grace,no,you love Grace.I truly believe that this Charlotte was more than just a casual fuck,as well.''She sighed,making Tommy's body fill with guilt at her sentence.

He still hated how he broke Athena's heart in order to win Grace's once more.

''Am I not interesting enough?Pretty enough?Do I lack of something?''She whispered,Tommy feeling his heart breaking at her question.

If it could be even more broken than before.

''Fuck,Athena.''He whispered,placing both of his hands on her shoulders after he put out his cigarette.''You are a fucking incredible human being,yeah you are.A fucking amazing woman,one of a damn kind.Me and Michael are assholes,alright?Just assholes.We don't know how good we have it till it's gone.''He replied honestly,making her heart flutter a bit.

She couldn't believe it really,but it felt nice to hear.

''We are not enough for you.You do deserve a loyal man.A loyal man,a respectful man,a man with a heart full of you.And I fucking hope that you will find him soon.''He said softly,letting one of his hands caress her soft cheek.

''Ιt just doesn't feel like Michael's love is enough.I know that he loves me,that he does.But,do you even love someone one-hundred percent when you choose to hurt them in that way?''She asked;both her and Tommy knew that it was a rhetorical question.

''I don't know what to tell you,Athena.You really are not asking those questions to an incredible example of a partner,just so you know.''He teased her,which made her actually giggle a bit.

It wasn't much,but Tommy smiled at her giggle.

''Tomorrow I want to take you out for dinner.''He stated,not really looking at her as he took a sip of his whiskey.He was mostly looking at the family portrait of the Grays on the wall.

Athena furrowed her brows at that,looking at Tommy,''Dinner?Me and you?''She asked,making him finally look at her.

''Yes.Me and you.I want to take you out.Polly has been talking about you being shut in that house for the last few days.Just see it as your brother in law doing something nice for you.''He said softly to her.

''My brother in law.''She snorted,making him chuckle as well.

''I mean..you had to marry Michael Gray,look at this mess now.''He teased her with a smirk,making her shake her head with a smile.

''I think we've been doing just fine for the last few years,haven't we,Tom?''

''We have.It's a complicated family and terms but we've been doing fine.So,dinner tomorrow?''He asked once again,making her smile.

''Alright.I will put the girls to bed at eight o'clock sharp.So,we can go out at around eight-thirty?''She suggested,making him nod his head as he sipped his whiskey.

''It's a deal,Mrs.Gray.I will pick you up at eight-thirty.''He agreed,his stare lingering a bit longer on her pretty baby blue eyes.

''Polly has also been talking about you doing baby steps with your disorder.So,I don't want you to be anxious for tomorrow.We will have some fine,French,red wine and whatever you want and are able to eat.''He noted,making her sigh in relief internally.

''Thank you,Tom.''

''Nah,there's nothing to thank me for.Thank you for the grand whiskey love and the company.''He said softly,getting up from the soft cushion.

Athena shook her head gently,''It actually felt nice to have someone to talk.Polly and Esme stop by from time to time,but it was uh,refreshing I guess to hear your opinion as well.''She sighed softly,tugging the robe around her body tighter.

''You will be just fine,Athena.I know it.Happiness is on the way.''He reassured her as he stood right in front of her,making her chuckle.

''Is this a gypsy prediction?''She teased him,making him smile at her.

''Exactly.So if a Shelby tells you that happiness is on the way,you best fucking believe them.''