The Waiting Game

"So... why are we here now?"

"Business." I roll my eye at this. Of course. It was always business with Elijah. I look up at the giant white doors and sigh,

"And the warlock..?" I glanced over my shoulder. Yup. Still there. Tall, dark and grumpy if you ask me. Apparently he's a father... that poor bastard.

"Yes, Jonas. He's here to deliver a message." Right.

"Well are you going to knock or are just going to stand here awkwardly..?" He opens his mouth to answer, but my lack or patience kick in.

Knock, Knock. The doors open. A man, well vampire, in a salmon tee and cardigan, opened the door. I recognized him from the café. This guy... Really?

"Elijah..." What about me?

"And Amelia!" I smile at the look of annoyance on Elijah's face. The vampire known as Slater smiles.

"Yes of course, Amelia Gilbert. The oldest of the Gilbert siblings," Umm stalk much?

Elijah brushes past Slater and enter his apartment, I follow. Nice place.

 "Wow, Elijah this truly is an honor..."  An honor? Who the hell was this guy, royalty?

Elijah catches Slater's eyes and holds contact. His eyes dilate. Weird...

"I need you to make a call".

Once the call ended Elijah left his spot beside me on the couch.

"Very nicely done." Slater's back was toward Elijah, so I was able to see the worried expression on his face.

"Thanks, I have a degree in theater... How can you compel me? A vampire can't compel another vampire." Elijah smiled at this and shrugged. I was just confused.

"I'm a special kind of vampire." I can just feel the fear radiating off of Slater.

"Because you're an Original..?" Huh? Elijah just hums. He finally lets out a sigh.

"Now, I want you to take this and drive it threw your hearts." He pulls out a stake I never noticed before. Slater takes it. Wait, what?

"But that would k-kill me forever," No shit dumb-fuck!  At this point I'm literally at the edge of my seat. My hands gripping onto the couch. Slater has the stake in position.

"It's necessary." Mmm, is it? I mean the guy is creep as all hell. But not necessary! I'm on my feet. Somehow only a few feet away.

I hear a gasp. Slater drops to the floor. My eyes are wide. I force myself to remove my chewed up nails from my mouth. "Holy shit..."

Jacob decides to finally make an appearance.

"Was that necessary?" No. No! I'm pretty sure we could have just talk that one though guys!  Elijah and Jacob both give me a look.

Right... Brain to mouth filter clearly needs to be checked.

Elijah turns back to Jacob. "Just deliver the message."

We've just arrive at the humble abode of the warlocks. Meh, it's aight. 

I suddenly bump into a solid form. Elijah's dark eyes meet mine. I can't help but to take a small step back. He notices this.

"The young warlock Luka generously offered you his quarters for the night. Jonas must perform a spell for me. During that time you make shower. There will be food waiting for you in your room once you have finished. Eat and rest. I will return you to your home in the morning." Great...  I just nod my head and head towards the bathroom.

I flipped the switch. My eyes squinted at the brightness of the light. Avoiding the mirror I stripped. First thing off, those damn heels. Then the dress, the strapless bra and matching panties. I kick discarded pile of cloths into the corner of the room. And finally look up.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I don't think I've ever looked so... pale! I turn my body to the right where something dark caught my eye. Yup. That's a bruise .I winced. Note to self: poking does not help. I must have got it from shoulder-checking my way out of that room.  I look down a see a couple of minor scrapes and bruises from my constant bailing. Nothing too serious.  I pull out whatever bobby pins I had left in my hair. The dark flat waves cascade down my back. Greasy.

I sigh before turning on the shower and adjusting it to my liking. "Damn, I have to pee."

I quickly hop in the shower and just let the water sooth my achy body. I don't think I've never spent so much time in a car. It was only a few days. But we practically lived in that thing.

I reached out and grabbed one of the three bottles on the rack. 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner. Of course. I glace over at the other two bottles. The color and label make it easy to recognise. Old Spice or Irish Spring? I squint and read the fine print. Body wash. Fuck. Either way I'm getting out of this smelling like a man.

I step out of the bathroom. My body was wrapped in a towel; I clung to my pile of dirty cloths. The living room was dark, but I could still make out a form by the front door.

"Elijah?" I squinted for a better look. He took his hand of the door knob and faced me. I notice his eyes trailing over my body.

"I have some business to attend to. I'll be back shortly. Stay in the room." And with that he was gone.

I tossed the pile on cloths on the floor. On the bed there were a few choice articles of clothing. I took the large dark blue college ball sweat shirt. It fit quite loosely; only just covering my bum and I only saw the tips of my fingers through the sleeves. Looking at the other articles of clothing I can't help but notice they're for women. From what I can tell of this house, it didn't exactly have a woman touch. Whomever these belonged to must have been gone for a while. That, or an ex-girlfriend. I run my fingers along one of the blouses before picking the rest up and placing it on a chair in the corner of the room.

I crawled into bed, clutched my knees and waited.