15 ━ Team Eleven

Start from the beginning

Sen rolled her eyes playfully. "One time I will run for you. Now go." She gave her friend a push towards the door of the exam room, coincentally just as her name was called.

THE EXAM HAD NOT BEEN THE MOST DIFFICULT, per say. Once Izumi walked into the room, she was greeted by the sight of three senseis sitting at a wooden table, their expectant gazes focused solely on her. The only one whom she knew was Miyoko-sensei, who was looking as stern as ever with her eyebrows drawn together into a crease, almost glaringly so.

Izumi was asked to perform Clone Jutsu in order to be promoted to Genin. When she first raised her hands in order to them, she felt the first surge of confidence. While doing the hand signs the brunette began to feel even more confident, the trembling of her body decreasing with every move she made. Tiger. Boar. Ox. Dog.

A cloud of smoke puffed up to the right of Izumi, revealing a doppelgänger of hers. Identical red kimono top and onyx shorts dressed the doppelgänger, who also had identical dark brown hair and the same grin as the original did: a perfect replica.

She had done it! Izumi had to refrain from pumping her fist into the air at all the excitement coursing through her body, knowing that none of the senseis had confirmed her success yet.

Miyoko-sensei had watched her with pursed lips, but then nodded shortly after. "You pass." The sensei tilted her head towards the headbands on the table, several colors laid out for the new Genins to choose from.

Izumi skipped over to the table in obvious glee, cerulean eyes quickly taking in the few colors displayed in front of her. Immediately her hand gravitated towards a navy blue, it was the color that caught her eye. With her dominant hand, she reached out and grasped it tightly, the navy material tickling her skin. The metal felt cool against her skin, almost shockingly so, allowing the reality of the situation to settle in further.

Moments later she sat in the classroom beside Sen, with a giddy smile having overtaken her features ever since she had left the exam room. Her headband pooled around her neck, not too loosely yet also not too tight, tied together with a knot and a small bow.

The teams were supposed to be announced and even though Izumi had a suspicion about how exactly her team would be constructed, the prospect of the announcement still made her excited. Most likely another combination of Akimichi, Nara, and Yamanaka would be created, as Sen had mentioned previously, yet the excitement still prevailed. Despite their fates being prewritten, Izumi remained on edge regardless.

"Team Three: Maito Gai, Shiranui Genma and Ebisu."

"Team Seven: Nohara Rin, Uchiha Obito and Hatake Kakashi."

At the mention of her friend, Izumi perked up, sitting straighter in her seat. Quickly, she deflated again, noticing they weren't on a team together. She should have known, of course, she should have. A little hope had built up in her, a naive one at that. With slumped shoulders, Izumi leaned against the back of her chair, waiting for her name to be called by Miyoko-sensei.