Part 1

Part 1 is dedicated to a quartet of warriors and their respective charioteers:

Daruki [the son of Daruka], charioteer of Pradyumna [the son of Vasudeva aka Krishna]

Daruka charioteer of Vasudeva aka Krishna.

It is based on the siege of Dwaraka, the sea-coast city belonging to Vasudeva's clan.

Taking advantage of Vasudeva's absence - due to his attendance at the coronation of Yudhishthira, the evil Shalwa launches a major attack, unleashing the combined force of his massive cavalry and infantry divisions, including an airborne bombardment of the city and its citizens - which at that particular time consisted of a few young warriors, elder statesmen and women and children.  Although the ramparts and other defence measures of Dwaraka are of a high order, it is no match for sudden onslaught by Shalwa, who will use any means including magic to overpower his victims. 

This is in brief, the background against which we see young Pradyumna and his intrepid young charioteer Daruki sallying forth to defend their city and its vulnerable citizens against all odds.  

Fortunately Vasudeva and his intrepid charioteer Daruka arrive just in time, only to find themselves subject to the most vehement assaults by the devious and determined Shalwa.

This episode in the Mahabharat is so vividly and vibrantly conveyed, especially the dynamics between charioteer and  warrior - each basing their actions on their swadharma, ultimately working like a perfect team ! 

It is hoped that the rendering offered here will capture at least a fraction of its fire-power!

Thank you for reading - your comments and votes are much much appreciated!