🎶 35 - You Fade Internally

Start from the beginning

"Grandpa what happened? I was in Elenoir and-"

"Can you come here now? Go back to Xyrus" Grandpa said in a trembling voice "I didn't consider there would be a sudden attack on Elenoir, and I need you here as a healer. Tess she-" I cut off my communication.

Quickly, I activated the third phase of Sylvia's will then formed a teleportation portal. 'Sylvie follow me, Regis you stay here, find Ross, protect her, and find the mastermind behind all this' I said gritting my teeth.

'Yes, leave it here to me!'

I nodded then walked through the portal with Sylvie in her human form and immediately realized that I was in the corridor of the royal castle, after that I activated the god step and searched for the fastest Aether path to reach the room I was aiming for. Royal hospital.

Tess, what's with her?
Is she hurt?
Or her beast mana will is having trouble again?

All I know is that I have to quickly see her.

I shook my head to shake off the image of Tess motionless helplessly.
What did I do?
I should have protected her in this life..
I should have been by her side longer.
All this time, I've only struggled to keep the people I care about alive.

But what do I do now?
I mostly leave her in my current life and always make her worry.

Entered the hospital room, then I looked for where Tess was. The royal hospital room is quite large and can accommodate around 100 people inside here, and currently the hospital beds are all full, several wounded soldiers are being treated here. Sylvie and I searched every infirmary, looking for the familiar gunmetal hair.

When I reached the end of the room, where there was a separate room, I saw a familiar silhouette of a shadow from a shock.

I walked over to the bed and opened the curtains that blocked my view, and instantly a sense of relief flooded me.

There, a nurse was bandaging Tess's wound on her left hand. She was injured in some parts, but the rest she was fine.

"Tess thank goodness you're okay" I walked over to her with a sigh. "Is there anything else that hurts?" I asked worried.

"Art!" She said looking at me with teary eyes. "I'm fine, but.." Tears welled up in her eyes. I was silent watching her cry.

"Tess what's wrong?" I asked her wondering why Tess was crying. Tess was silent then shook her head while sobbing. She didn't want to answer my question, she didn't even want to look at me.

"Are you here Art?" Suddenly someone grabbed my left shoulder, and when I saw it it was Grandpa.

"Gramps what happened? You said you needed help with a healer for Tess, but-"

"Not for Tess, luckily Tess is fine" Grandpa said cutting me off. "But she..." Grandpa said while pointing to a bed, where there was a person lying not far from Tess's bed.

From a distance, Seen a girl I really recognize. Her black hair swayed beside her body. Hers body was covered with bruises and some were covered in bandages. Hers breathing was heavy and fast, she even frowned in hers sleep. Feeling pain even while sleeping.

The girl just lay there in silence, with various tubes of fluids in her body and various cables showing vital signs on the monitor.

I unconsciously walked towards the bed where she was lying. Take a closer look at the figure in front of me.

"Ross was seriously injured, she fought 2 Scythes on her own after Lance Varay was taken down. Some healers even tried to heal her, but her body's response was very slow, the flow of mana in her body was unstable." Grandpa said while taking a breath.