[Chapter 5]: He Who Bathes In Blood

Start from the beginning

'This'll be fun,' thought Sukuna as he watched an approaching middle-aged man and woman kneel before him. The older man signaled to the alluring maiden as she got up, plastering on a smile dripping with innocence as she elegantly stepped toward the older man. She, too, knelt beside him as her red kimono fluttered, with the man who earlier embraced her following her actions.

Sukuna tilted his head, his half-closed eyes observing the situation before him as the middle-aged man raised his head gently. He was a man that exuded a golden radiance, like a beautiful flame that never burned out. However, he was exactly the type of person Ryomen Sukuna despised. A colourful, eye-catching pest.

"We greet you, King of Curses," the man politely spoke,  though an air of arrogance still remained.

Sukuna decided to see what these humans desired, thrilled at the stimulating events occurring before his eyes. For what reason had they decided to free the King of Curses, who shook the world in fear?

"What do you wish for?" asked the curse, his pink hair swaying with his white kimono as he glanced over at the humans. It took a short moment before the woman sitting next to the middle-aged man raised her head, her accessories jingling. She looked as if she were in her mid-thirties as she elegantly greeted him.

"I am the madam of the (l/n) family," she introduced herself, "If I may state what we wish of..." The woman waited for a short interval of time as if to see if the King of Curses showed any signs of refusal before continuing. "We wish for you to take upon a binding vow*."

A moment of pause filled the atmosphere. Soon, the air resonated with loud chuckles as the entertained Ryomen Sukuna couldn't stop his laughter. How very amusing!

"We wish you could assist us in the upcoming civil wars," continued the woman hesitantly.

Sukuna raised an eyebrow. They wanted someone like him to accept such a vow? His curiosity deepened, wondering what they had to offer to ask for such a fearless and ridiculous request.

"In exchange, what will you offer me?" he asked, interested.

The middle-aged man, who Sukuna supposed was the master of the family pointed toward the attractive maiden from before. Sukuna boredly stared at her as the man hurriedly began to explain.

"In exchange, we will offer you (y/n), my lovely daughter to take as your bride!" the man exclaimed, "I assure you that she will be quite useful to you."

(y/n) glanced over at the blabbering old man as she smirked to herself. 'This is what I had been waiting for!' she excitedly thought.

You fools.

Sukuna stared uninterestedly toward them. For them to think he would even consider agreeing to their words...it was so naively adorable. He took steps toward the kneeling family, gently smiling as he awaited their looks of trust. As if they were entranced, they gullibly believed the curse.

Faces that innocently believed him...how much Sukuna missed tearing them up!

"Well well, to think you would say something so laughable!" chucked Sukuna, his eyes locked onto the middle-aged man. He suddenly sped up as he whooshed past the distance in an inhumane speed, grabbing onto the man's face and slamming it onto the ground. A dirty, crimson river of blood dripped down from his head as the man's eyes closed shut. Just like that, he was forever gone.