Chapter 3

Nobody's POV

The 4 teens had been walking all day. Through meadows and thick forest. The terrain was all different, especially in Tennessee.

Ravens POV

"I'm... gonna..." Raven tried to speak but he couldn't breathe. Instead of finishing she just trudged along. Her shoulders were slumped and her shirt was drenched in sweat. Then again who's wasnt.

The group was exhausted and it was barely reaching 7 pm.

"I'm hungry!" Gar whined beside Raven.

"We're almost there- we'll eat then." Damien quickly responded. He didn't seem winded at all.

"Bro i can't feel my feet. Can we stop for a second?" Max chimed in. She had her jacket and shirt around her waist, just in her bra.

Damien turned to face them, of course he was leading, and immediately adverted his eyes.

"Fine. We'll take 5." He said, looking the other way.

"Thank god!" Gar flopped down to the ground. "It's so nice down here." He said, patting the course dirt.

Raven sat down next to him, for once not caring about how dirty it was. Gar had his shirt off, displaying his beautiful abs and pecs. Raven stared, unknowingly, at him and his glistening glory of sweatiness.

Gar noticed and laughed.

"What's so funny?" Raven snapped out of it, looking away.

"Nothin nothin. You're just... cute." Gar giggled.

Raven blushed. "Shut up ya big goof."

Gar laid back and looked up at the tree tops.

"Isn't nature beautiful?" He asked aloud.

Raven leaned back to lay next to him. "It is, in its own weird way."

"You're beautiful in your own weird way." Gar winked at her.

"Oh god that was... horrible." Raven laughed at him.

"It wasn't that bad!" Gar laughed back.

Nobody's POV

The hours passed by fast. What was at first a 5 minute break turned into staying the night.

Even though he wouldn't admit it. Everyone could tell Damien had had enough walking for one day.

Gar made a makeshift campfire for them and decided to make some roasted vegetables. He managed to find some wild onions and a couple of berries. Not much but they managed.

Max also took it upon herself to tell old ghost stories from New Orleans.

The group of strangers laughed together as if they had known each other all their lives. It's funny how bad situations can bring people together.

Slades POV

"I knew you're plan would fail." Slade murmured into the phone.

"Mhm. Yea. Ok. Bye." He hung up after the woman on the other end had stopped yelling.

He sat back in his chair and placed his feet up on a table in front of him. Slade dialed a number quickly and held the phone back to his ear, swinging his combat booted foot in an almost childlike manner.

"Plan A failed- time for the next step." He said nonchalantly as soon as the other end answered.

"I'll send you their last location and you must track them from there. But I need them alive. Well- the three. I could care less about the other girl."

Slade typed something into his phone and the swoosh sending noise sounded.

"Yeah do whatever you like with them, I just need them alive when I get them. You better not let me down." And with that he hung up.