Embry swallowed deeply, not having the nerve to move from the step he stood on. "Athena-"

"What do you think you're doing?" she half yelled, searching around for presence of mortals in the near vicinity. There weren't any near enough to hear the raising of her voice so she let it happen naturally, following the anger pumping through her veins like blood had used to do.

"Please just don't say anything for a second," he asked, pleading with his eyes. A mortal expression that she had seen ever so often in the most desperate of times, one that she could not fall for - unlike the flowing tears of a broken mortal.

"Call get off my step before I do something I'll regret," she seethed, stepping out from the frame of the door and onto the larger step to her house - the one littered with near a hundred plants that had the ability to survive the coldness of winter.

"I'm sorry okay! I really regret what I did, I should have gone against Sam," he replied louder than before, as if that would help to get his point across. When the real thing that would have that effect would be him meeting her gaze, not just staring at the floor or anywhere but her.

"Yes you should have," she responded, annoyance overtaking the aggravation entirely.. "But you didn't so, once again Call. Get away from my house."

"I wouldn't have come here if you picked up the phone."

"Why do you think I didn't pick up the phone?" she half yelled, her voice steady dispite the emotion that thickened her airway. "Maybe, oh I don't know, maybe it's because I don't want to speak to you?"

"That gives me no chance to apologise for what I did to you," he defended, this time looking directly at her as he finished talking. It started her, the look in his eyes. It was unlike anything she had ever seen emitted from him, desperation with such intently. But once again she wouldn't fall for that, for once choosing to protect herself rather than someone else. "I know-"

"If you knew then you wouldn't have been so stupid in coming here. Do you really think I could even tolerate a person who tried to force me into killing a defenceless baby?" she yelled, whispering the part about killing just in case something was recording somewhere -they could never be too careful in this day and age.

"I know that! Trust me I know, Billy gives me half hell for it," he grumbled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"As he should," she scoffed, crossing her arms over her middle, wondering why Billy hadn't bought up such a confrontation yet.

"I regret it so much Athena, more than I ever knew I could regret something. I miss you, like a lot. And I know, I should have thought about that before I decided to ask you to do such a thing. I was blinded by hatred and the order of Sam, the protectiveness of the wolf pack. Just please, I beg you, I'm not asking for your forgiveness. I just want to talk again, please?"

She had remained silent for the entire speech, not wanting to interject such a profound (note the sarcasm) apology for something that could quite literally never be forgiven. There was not an ounce in her body that wanted to talk to him for more than thirty seconds, let alone the major speech he had been planning for days. She sighed and looked back to him instead of the newly falling snow, a sign of battle once again. The dread crept back in, looming in the darker patches of her mind. She looked him dead in the eyes and seethed, "I'll give you one last warning Call, leave. Now."

He sighed helplessly and opened his mouth to say something else before deciding against it. As he turned to leave, the door to her house slammed closed and Athena sat on the living room floor so she could be near Benji. Something to keep her from one, killing a wolf, and two missing Jasper too much.

Then, after the rage left her body completely, she picked up the phone again and redialed the number previously, "Do I have to drive down to help you hide a body?" Eric half laughed down the phone, still showing various amounts of concern as he wrote something on a notepad on his desk. For a second she thought he was studying or something but that worry was taken away when he threw the pen across the room.

"I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself Eric," she laughed, fully meaning every word though he thought it was a joke."So anyway, tell me the gossip of the school."

"You don't know the people-"

"Still! It's interesting," she paused, waiting for him to bring some sort of lengthy dialogue. When he remained to only laugh she sighed, "Come on I need some entertainment."

"Getting bored in Forks?"

She lay on the sofa, sighing dramatically as she stared up to the ceiling, "You have no idea." Truth was these few weeks had been ever so boring, apart from the odd conversation with Benjamin, she was just so bored of everything that was going on. Especially the constant boring talks of battle and things.

"Okay so, there's this person who..."

She and Eric talked into the very early hours of the morn, only hanging up when he fell asleep feeling a little less stressed than before.