Cal knew exactly what this fight was meant to be. A trap, a way to make his pull on the Dark Side. A place where he had a choice that wasn't really a choice at all.

"So long as you pick the answer that the empire wants you to make, you'll be rewarded."

Grunting at the memory of Trilla's poignant comment, and at the strain of holding back his enemy, Cal pushed forward.

The red blade drifted back. Cal pushed on, looking for a way to throw his opponent without calling on the Force.

In a flash, the inquisitor rocked his blade to the side, breaking the stalemate and dashing Cal's of hope that he might have a chance. Free of the blade lock, the enemy swung back around for another crushing blow.

Fatigue quickly settling in, Cal could do nothing more than leap to the side.

Just recovering from one dodge, Cal barely had time to slide into another as the Inquisitor pushed forward.

Cal could call on the Force. He could regain his strength, move like a blur, and build his stamina with a simple dip into the Force. But he couldn't trust himself not to call on the Dark Side to do it.

The Inquisitor swung once more, his blade landing a glancing blow along Cal's arm.

"Garhg!" Cal bit down a shout as he brought his own lightsabers up just in time to deflect another swing.

"Pathetic!" The inquisitor growled as he sung down again.

Bearing the brunt of one blow after another, Cal slowly began to buckle under the onslaught.

"Your defenses are weak!" The inquisitor bellowed as he swung, "Your form, sloppy! Disgraceful!"

Dropping to a knee under the attack, Cal struggled to keep a hold on his blades with each fearsome blow.

"Pathetic! What fool thought that you were a Jedi?"

The Inquisitors words bit at Cal in time with the blows.

"Sniveling child! Fight back! Or are you a coward!?"

Another heavy blow. Cal dropped one of his sabers.

"Of course, you are! Truly a Jedi. A weakling, trained by weaklings!"

Putting both hands on the long hilt that remained, Cal ground his teeth.

"Your display is insulting, even to the Jedi!"

More deadly strikes. Each one and each word driving Cal a little closer to snapping.

"Die then! Like your masters before you!"

"Stop!" A wild wave of power tore itself from Cal and crashed through the Force, staggering the inquisitor.

The inquisitor regained his footing, looking up just in time to see a seething opponent.

"Don't say another word about them," Cal all but growled out.

"Loyalty to those who abandoned you?" The inquisitor called out, "You're a fool as well."

Cal adjusted his grip in the remaining sabre, "They didn't abandon me."

"Then where are they?"

The inquisitor's words cut deep. And they filled Cal with an unmistakable rage.

"Where are they?"

"Stop it." Cal almost muttered

"Where are they?"

"Stop asking that!"

"Answer me then! Where have your so-called friends gone? Your precious Jedi Order?