She replaced his cup of water with her tea and offered him a bite of the dessert, which he ate without a fuss. Tears of guilt and anger at herself spilled from her eyes, as she mentally yelled at herself, dekha gadhedi, usko bhook bhi lag rahi thi. Jaa ek aur baar jaa aur stunts kar. Tujhe toh CIA ke wanted list hona chahiye tha...Wanted for being akal ki #1 number dushman. Hadh hai teri stupidity ki...Bholenath tujhe pakka aaj uncontrollable hichki denge. Remorseful of her actions, she climbed on to straddle his lap, wrapped her arms around him laying her head on his chest.

She sat there silently, listening to his heartbeat and commentary on FC Barcelona v. Inter Milan soccer match, wishing he'd wrap his arms around her. A while later, she looked at his profile, his gaze focused on the match; she tenderly stroked his jawline, her nails softly scraping his stubble. Her hand moved up to his cheek to rub--- when he pulled her hand back down.

"Tu theek hai, na Shiva?" she dared to ask, breaking the silence.

No response.

"Chai aur cookie bites kaisi bani hai?"

Silence.

Shiva looked down at her, kaand karke aagayi chipkaliyon ki tarah chipakne, mentally scoffing at her. Well, he wouldn't melt or give in to her apologies so easily.

She pressed a soft kiss to his neck, she repeated contritely, "I am sorry, Shiva." He continued to stay silent, just sipped his tea and ever so often leaning forward to grab more cookie bites from the coffee table.

She cupped his face, her thumbs lovingly rubbing over his cheeks, gently kissing them, "Tu ek kaam kar... tu apni Chipkali ko daant le, mere saath jhagad le, main good girl ki tarah sun loongi. Ek 'oof' tak nahi bolungi."

He scoffed. Good girl? Raavi?

"Kya? Ye kaisi awaaz thi?"

Unable to hold his tongue, he sarcastically said, "Tu? good girl? Apni shakal kabhi dekhi hai mirror main?" additionally muttering aafat ki pudiya mere hi gale lagni thi. "Chipkali, paka mat aur mujhe chod...main busy hoon."

"Kya kar raha hai?" asked Raavi, resting her head on his shoulder.

He started to say mujhe Store jaana hai, before realizing he couldn't use that line here, he said, "mujhe TV dekhne de, bahot important match study kar raha hoon, tere taante se pak chukka hoon."

He was really upset, Raavi thought to herself, if he didn't even want to fight with her. Lifting her head from his shoulder, she caressed his cheeks, pressing gentle pecks to his lips, and again sweetly said, "Mujhe maaf karde, Shiva? Jo tu bolega main woh karungi. Agar chilla chillake jhagda karna hai toh woh bhi kar sakta hai."

He just turned away his face, and said, "mujhe akele match dekhne de, Raavi."

No can do, she thought to herself. She needed Shiva to forgive her, and for that she needed to keep apologizing. So, fine, she would stay glued to him like this and keep doing everything, so he'd forgive her. She'd be right here, on his lap, hugging him until he forgave her as he watched his stupid match. Naam toh Chipkali rakh diya toh phir chipakne main kaisi sharam. She was comfortable being stuck to him, he was warm, scrumptious, and oh-so huggable. Her Chattan's chest was her pillow, his arms her security blanket, all of him was her home.

He fell silent, staring straight at the TV. She cupped his face, pressing kisses all over. She kissed his forehead, "sorry", his nose, "sorry," his lips, "sorry." No reaction.

Laying her head on his chest, she started talking. She talked about the night before Diwali, when he promised he wouldn't get too upset at her if she acted like an impulsive Dobi. She kissed his cheeks, repeatedly, and talked about soccer misquoting facts like Messi scored more goals than Ronaldo, to which he never reacted. She talked about the weather, his favorite dishes, recounted a childhood memory when they were twelve and a neighbourhood kid had cheated in cricket and he had fought so bitterly with him, she was sure he would never dare to play cricket again.