Chapter Two

The two children where very contempt with spending there time together sitting at the desk in the library pavilion studying and drinking tea together with Lan Huan while waiting for Wei Ying's parents to return with Lan Qiren. In fact, they both quite enjoyed the peace that came with the library pavilion, being hidden from the other disciples as they were out at night hunts or helping with the set up for the sects coming tomorrow. Just as they had finished the last line of what they were writing out, Lan Qiren and Wei Ying's parents walked in. "A-Zhan, A-Huan, A-Ying, come on its bedtime." Cangse Sanren called out, her cheerful voice ringing out in the pavilion. The three children stood up to follow the adults out of the pavilion being careful not to run. "Lan Huan, Lan Zhan, how have the two of you been? You both look so grown up not." Cangse questioned once the three children had caught up with the adults.

"We have been good Lady Cangse, I hope that you and Master Wei have had a nice day so far." Lan Huan replied.

"Aw, thank you A-Huan, however Wei Ying wont be here as long as usual, we will be going on a night hunt in three days, and we have to travel there."

"Where are we going A-Niang? You didn't tell me where we were going." Wei Ying questioned.

"Yiling, we are going to be there until there next week, but we are going to start traveling tomorrow." Her father replied in his naturally calm voice. Hearing that Wei Ying wont be staying for the week, Lan Zhan grabbed her hand tightly. His ears a bright blush tinting his ears red, he had never liked when she left as having her around had always made him happier.

"Don't worry about me A-Zhan, I'm not leaving right now." Wei Ying whispered to him. The group split up, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying walked off to the Jingshi, while the rest went of to their rooms for the night.

~~~

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan had gotten up and helped each other get ready for the day. Lan Zhan helped Wei Ying with her hair, placing in her hairpins and making sure that there are no stray hairs, once her hair was done, she walked to the other side of the room behind the divider to get changed into her white Gusu disciple robes. Wei Ying did Lan Zhan's hair walking out of the Jingshi as Lan Zhan got changed and put on his forehead ribbon.

The two children were just sitting in the library pavilion, waiting. Three knocks where heard signalling that Lan Huan was here to collect them for the lunch meeting with the elders and Wei Ying's parents. The lunch went well and the elders completely adored Wei Ying and were very excited for the two to be betrothed.

Once lunch was done, they returned to the Jingshi so Wei Ying could ger ready to leave with her parents for the night hunt. She got changed, took out her hairpins and left them on the table so they didn't get lost when she was in Yiling. Once she had gotten everything ready her and Lan Zhan decided to relax.

~~~

"A-Zhan~ I have to go with my parents, you need to let me go so I can leave." She whined into Lan Zhan's chest. He was refusing to let her leave with her parents. Lan Zhan had a suspicion that there was something that was going to happen. Not wanting to lose Wei Ying, he didn't let go of her. She was the first child in their age group that wanted to talk to him. The others thought that he was to cold or reserved to be friendly, making him colder to others because of it.

"I don't want to." He muttered back, barely audible even in dead silence. For a 6 year old he was extremely strong, it would be impossible for her to escape his grasp. Eventually after around 20 minutes of complaining and trying to fight her way out of her arms so she could leave, Wei Ying gave up and let him keep hugging her. Wei Ying knew what Lan Zhan was thinking, the same thing has happened every time she had to leave for a night hunt, they both knew how dangerous it was and the high possibility to get hurt. Lan Zhan didn't want her to get hurt so he always tried to make her stay at Cloud Recesses with him, but this time was different. He wasn't sulking like he normally did he was actively trying to stop her now.

"A-Zhan, please let me go. I'll be back before you know it. I promise." Lan Zhan finally listened to her.

"Promise?" he whispered back to her.

"I promise A-Zhan. Have I ever broken a promise before?" He slowly let go of her after he shook his head, in the 4 years that they had known each other neither of them had ever broken a promise that they had made to each other. Once she was let go of, Wei Ying got up and left the Jingshi and left to Yiling with her parents.