Chapter 78 [Edited]

On the way from the airport to the hospital, Lin Chen explained Shen Tingwei's situation to Lianjue. His logic and language seemed a little confused because he was anxious.

He said that it was not the car under the surveillance of Lian Jue. The driver did not hit and run, it even dialed 120 immediately after the accident. Due to the remote road section of the accident, the ambulance did not arrive in time. After receiving the notice, Lin Chen immediately arranged for Shen Tingwei to be transferred to the private hospital under the name of Lian Jue. He also confirmed the monitoring of the road section and the passing vehicles to ensure that there were no other people saw the scene where Shen Ting was put into the ambulance.

In the middle of stating these contents, Lin Chen occasionally interspersed with the unobjective, "Mr. Shen will be fine" in an attempt to comfort Lian Jue.

Later, he found that Lian Jue was more calm than usual, listening intently to what he had to say but never gave any response.

Actually, Lian Jue's brain seemed to be cut off from the whole world from that moment on. The only thing that hit his heart was that Shen Tingwei had been in a car accident.

His fingertips felt an uncontrollable numbness in the stagnant and increasingly cold blood, as if he needed to hold something to relieve the unavoidable panic in his heart, so he held the box of the ring in his pocket. The box is clenched tightly.

His cold palm was hurt by the edges and corners of the ring box. In this subtle pain that affected his nerves, his brain gradually woke up and his ears began to receive sounds from all directions.

He heard the screeching of the driver pressing anxiously in the traffic and heard Lin Chen's still chattering words.

He first heard Lin Chen say that the hospital had just sent a message that Mr. Shen is being resuscitated.

He heard Lin Chen repeat "He will be safe." and the self-contradictory "How could something happen in the year of Benming."

The driver also echoed, saying some topsy-turvy sentences such as "Mr. Shen is blessed with good luck and good fortune", and even used "good luck and hardships."

The nervousness of the two of them aggravated Lian Jue's upset emotions, as if something will really happened to Shen Tingwei.

Lian Jue deceived himself and thought that they were exaggerating too much.

So Lian Jue interrupted the two of them: "How long will it take to arrive?"

When his voice fell, Lin Chen and the driver closed their mouths in unison.

Lian Jue's tone was still the same as usual but his voice seemed to be much hoarse.

The panic and unease that he thought were well hidden were all cut open when the words fell making the originally anxious atmosphere in the car turned cold in an instant.

The driver's brows furrowed even tighter, looking at the less-than-ideal road conditions in front of him, he only gave a vague answer: "Soon."

The air of the hospital is not well-ventilated. The smell of clean and strong disinfectant is full of it. Since this private hospital is not completely open to the outside world, it is more deserted and quiet during the working day.

Lian Jue followed the directions of the receptionist and approached the elevator. Without waiting for Lin Chen, who was just a few steps away, he hurriedly pressed the close button, as if every second was particularly precious.

Although he knew that Shen Tingwei couldn't come out so soon, he might not see anyone immediately when he went up.

He stared intently at the slower-beating numbers on the screen panel and calmly asked the person beside him why the elevator failed to report for repairs.