Chapter 77 [Edited]

Start from the beginning

Lian Jue remembered that he searched for a long time at home that day and finally only found the waterproof band-aid for Kang Tong. The band-aid in his memory was very small.

Shen Tingwei's hands were fair and slender, his fingers were slender and well-proportioned and there were no very abrupt joints, so Lian Jue speculated that there was not much difference between the pulp of his fingers and the base of his fingers. Of course, he didn't expect the band-aid to fully estimate Shen Tingwei's finger circumference but at least he could give the closest suitable range.

It wasted a lot of time from getting the bandage, to simulating the size and estimating the size that Shen Tingwei could wear. After leaving the jewelry store, in order to avoid missing the plane, the driver drove the car very fast on the way to the airport.

Lian Jue put the boxed ring box in his pocket and stared at the rapidly flowing street scene outside the window without saying a word.

Lin Chen may have guessed that he is not good at coaxing people and gave him a lot of feasible ideas along the way. Even Lian Jue didn't appear to be focused on listening but he didn't think of interrupting.

When the car was parked at the terminal there was not much time left for boarding. Lian Jue did not ask Lin Chen and the driver to accompany him. He took the suitcase and walked towards the terminal by himself.

Lian Jue rarely had this kind of chaotic thinking. From the moment he got the ring, his dull mood suddenly split into many branches, extracting countless emotions but not all negative.

There was the urgency of giving a late gift. The expectation that Shen Tingwei did not receive the gift and even a bit of untimely pleasure.

The ring case in his pocket was very light and it seemed to fall heavily on his footsteps in his intricate thoughts making him anxious every step of the way.

In the end, Lian Jue couldn't hold back. On the short walk to the boarding gate, he took out his mobile phone and dialed it to call  Shen Tingwei.

The sound of waiting for the call made him anxious. Lian Jue had never been so eager for someone to connect the call as soon as possible. He heard the boarding prompt on the airport radio but his footsteps were orderly. ' Beep - ' the sound gradually slowed down.

At the moment when Shen Tingwei answered the phone, Lian Jue thought that it would be fine if  he couldn't catch up his flight.

Shen Tingwei said softly on the other end of the phone, "Hello?"

Lian Jue's footsteps stopped.

Lian Jue asked him, "Have you left?" while quickly sorting out what he wanted to say in his mind.

"On the road." Shen Tingwei paused before answering, as if explaining to him why he answered the phone so late, "The phone just dropped under the seat. The driver stopped by the road to help me get it."

Lian Jue obviously no longer cares about this trivial issue but he still listened to Shen Tingwei's words patiently. After Shen Tingwei stopped, he said abruptly, "I didn't know yesterday was your birthday."

He guessed that Shen Tingwei be stunned because there was no sound on the phone for a long time.

After a short pause, Shen Tingwei's voice slowly reached his ears: "It's okay." He don't know if it was because of the cold or something else but his voice was a little hoarser than before. His tone was very light, in return, he comforted him, "I actually forgot...if you didn't say it... I am already too old for to celebrate and be trivial about my birthday. Don't worry about it...—"

Lian Jue didn't really want to hear his nonchalant tone or maybe he didn't have the heart to listen to him, so he interrupted him.

Shen Tingwei heard the voice he had heard in his dream in the next second, which he thought did not belong to Lian Jue.