Chapter 4 ⚛️ Razian Empire

Start from the beginning

    This is also the origin of the west technology that the army had been using. Ballista was introduced to the prince while observing the function of its technology, the weapon Ballista is short for a big bow for archery, a Ballista is a weapon that lunch either bolt or stones while of course this had been used long ago, this weapon is truly manifesting to watch.

    I've seen one before, this had mainly been used by an enemy archer who has the strength to wield such an enormous weapon. The Ballista is a dangerous piece of work but to carry this in every battle is ridiculous, it has a weighted projectile of about (26 kg [57 lb]). So adopting to use this can be troublesome, however, it was useful years back.

    I wasn't aware that Ballista can boost the rate of victory, long-range weapons are very important but they can also be varied if the enemy decided to attack the artillery instead of the vanguard. Because artillery can't protect themselves while protecting those that attack in battle, it was very convincing but they appear vulnerable to the enemy's eye.

    After the development of their new technology and many months of training their army, the king had finally regained his urge for unification.

    Finally, the unification had begun and Razian Empire was founded, although it wasn't an easy and challenging path to be aware of. The empire had been shaken off countless times during many eras that passed by, henceforth that was the cause why Razian become stronger than any of the regions.

    So Crambell Family was one of the remaining households who had to survive for over 400 years, they had made a name for themselves even though they are not but just a status of marquees. Although that's true, Marquis Crambell is already considered higher than a Duke's status for many reasons.

    The Crambell Family was founded by a hero who once fought at a war between the Razian Empire and its rebelled kingdom, mocked by its name 'Lehardo' he brought countless victories alongside the emperor who had rewarded him the title 'Marquees' and territory of his own.

    The hero of the Razian Empire, our great ancestor is a man who came from a family of a poor commoner who had nothing on a dining table but a piece of bread. When his family died from puverty, he arose at his hiding place and took the exam for knights that will change his life forever.

    So basically he was a knight and according to the book, he is not just an ordinary swordsman, he was also been blessed with the ability to predict any outcomes that may come to the empire, may danger or attack. A strategist who was both maniacs on the battlefield and a lord of prediction, so he is just like me, a swordsman who is good with predictions and tactics.

    I once knew a few of those people, they give me the least inspiration when I'm stuck with an outcome that I can't understand or a prediction with both sides is in a wrong choice. 

    So Lehardo climbs from the top of the ranking showing his ability and joining tournaments. The hero is a title that was given to him when he won a tournament that the emperor had prepared, the preparation of the hero is to only ascend him in the more dangerous path that leads to the unknown.

    After the countless victories he offered at the peak of the empire, he had finally thought of retiring from his position as well as his name, however, his actions were rewarded with the territory and a new title as marquees.

    Crambell is a loyal dog of the empire, they had been the loyal howl of the empire who had devoted their dignity for the empire. Whoever seat at the throne, they will gladly accept them and whoever owns the throne, they shall bow down to them and lead them to glory, and thus they will gladly help them. The honour and pride of the Crambell do not let them kneel to someone other than the emperor, or the empire's future emperor ━ not even the dukes.

    Their pride is equivalent to the empire's honour, regardless of their boldness, the empire accepts them as their dignity. The Crambell is known to be the wise and wealthy family of knights who is also both good with business such as commerce and tradings.

    How come? The reason is simple, there is a rule amongst the Crambell (and the empire) that a man is meant for the battlefield and other stuff like alchemist while women are meant for court like salon and business and stuff. That rule had kept the Crambell wealth and solidified the pride of a knight to remain strong in the social circle.

    The empire had always been strict, I heard that the empire had forbidden any female swordsman to take over a weapon and wield them because they cannot in any circumstances wield weapons and fight men and monsters. Such a rule made my stomach twist from disgust, if not for my family I would have thought this empire is a pile of nonsense but I understand the circumstances that female is forbidden to fight.

    I just can't remove the feeling that my talents are far useless now for I can't use them. What am I supposed to do? As I said, I was born in steel and my life is devoted to fighting, I don't belong to the court, I belong to the battlefield.

    "You look tired milady, are you okay? " Anna asked but I can't look at her even though she's so worried about me.