CHAPTER 3

"I am sorry. I lost my job and I'm in debt. Diana and Sam, you know I love you very much, right? I will explain everything when I return. Megan, please take good care of the kids for me. I love you all very much." -Daniel

I couldn't believe my very eyes and what I was reading. Suddenly, my legs felt numb and I couldn't stand. He even spelt my name wrong. I didn't know we were in debt; we could have discussed and settled it together.

Diana doesn't understand what is going on because Sam told her their father was on a business trip. Diana keeps asking when her father is going to return, so I sometimes pretend to be Daniel and talk to her on the phone.

She has her doubts, but what should I do? Tell an eight years old girl her father ran away to make money and left her behind? It's a devastating thought, so I quickly dismiss it. I never saw him packing or anything like that. I'm so confused.

Sam and I are now getting along; at any rate she is trying since; I'm the only one they have left. I never saw any family member, at least not yet. Except their mothers' friend, Ashley Read who visits us once in a blue moon.

They've never talked about their grandmother, or about much they miss their cousins. To be honest, I don't know where their family is because I haven't bothered to ask. Daniel is such a jerk. Who leaves behind their kids to go try to make money? Like who does that?

**Time indeed flies; it's already been a year, still no news from Mr. Right.**

The wind picks up and feels heavy as I step out to catch a glimpse of the light gray clouds covering the beautiful blue sky and blocking out the warm rays of the sun. I don't get the chance to enter the house when a grey Camry parks in front of the house recognizing its Daniels' car. 

I'm ecstatic when Daniel steps out. My face hit the wall of his chest, so hard. His warm embrace instantly cocoons me and gives me a sense of protection. I devour the moment and inhale his pure man scent, a combination of fresh cologne and musk. A light from the house glimmers and sparkles in his eyes, melting my lower limbs.

***I hope you enjoyed

View Often To Everyone. (I know that doesn't make sense, do u know what does?)

VOTE*** COMMENT*** SHARE***

Please feel free to check out my other works.

THANK YOU