"Alright thanks mom." I close the door and walk inside.

Reds POV

I was already at the cafeteria sitting with Aaron and while Spark was getting food. That's weird. He always eats at home. This is the first time I've seen him eat breakfast at school. I'm always the first one here and Aaron is second. After Spark got back with his food I also noticed he was wearing long sleeves for the first time in forever. Plus it was warm outside.

I don't have a chance to say anything because Spark instantly starts eating. He'd eaten everything in under 30 seconds. He never eats that fast he usually enjoys his food.

I ask him, "Dang you ate that fast! Did you skip breakfast at home?"

Spark only glares at me and says, "Yes, I woke up late and didn't have the time."

His eyes didn't have that shiny look they usually have. Something wasn't right. Just then I see Dark come and sit down. He says, "Spark! On my way over here I saw you down your plate of food. Are you still hungry?"

Spark only glares at him also and replies with, "Yeah, I guess."

"I can go get you some more if you'd like! I ate at home so I'm not hungry." Dark says sounding like he was trying to cheer him up.

Spark just sighs and quietly says, "Yeah, I'd appreciate that."

Dark then got up to go get some more food. I look at Spark and notice he got a bit thinner maybe? This was not a good sign. I'm usually good at putting my pieces together and it's not looking good. I have an idea on what might be happening.

I then ask Spark, "You seem to still be really hungry. Do you want me and Aaron to also get you food?"

I see Sparks eyes light up for a moment then he says, "If you guys insist. But you don't have to."

"Alright, then it's settled! Come on Aaron!" Aaron then gets up and comes with me to the line. I wonder if Aaron saw anything.

Once me and Aaron got in line with Dark I ask them, "Did you guys notice some things were wrong with Spark?"

Aaron said, "Not much. He was just wearing long sleeves and eating faster than normal."

Dark said, "Yeah, same as Aaron but I also noticed he looked kinda upset."

So they didn't notice everything. But I guess I usually pay the best attention when it came to this stuff. I say, "Well he looked a bit thinner than normal to me. Plus he ate at school, he never eats at school. Then there is him eating WAY faster than he normally does. Lastly, we are all getting him food right now. Also seeing he was grounded by his parents just for having a boyfriend... I'm afraid his parents might not even let him eat at home. I'm like 90% sure that's what happened."

I look as Aaron and Dark get even more worried looks on there face. Aaron was the first to speak saying, "Then... what do you think the long sleeved shirt is for?"

Aaron sounded as though he caught on to what I was saying and sounded like he knew the answer.

I hesitate for a bit before saying, "Well... I knew Sparks parents quite well and they seemed like nice people... but since Spark only just found out that his parents are homophobic, he might not have taken it that well since he always had a good relationship with his parents. I think he might have gotten depressed after that and that's why we saw him upset at the table. I'm think Spark might have... been cutting himself and he doesn't want us seeing the cuts so he put on a long sleeved shirt."

They both look shocked and upset but Dark started tearing up. I guess that would make sense hearing that his boyfriend has been cutting himself. I couldn't think of anything to say that would make him feel better. I might be good when it came to detective type stuff, but I'm not any good at helping people emotionally. All I could manage to do was give Dark a hug.

Dark gave me a hug back after a second and started crying into my shoulder a bit. It was like that for about 30 seconds before we pulled apart. Dark stopped crying and thanked me for the help. Aaron was not a very emotion showing guy, but I saw him tear up just a little after hearing me say that. So Aaron was also worried about Spark.

We finally got to the front of that stupidly long line and each got a tray of food. Before we made our way to the lunch table I told Dark and Aaron, "Don't mention what I told you to Spark yet. If he doesn't change out in weights class it will prove what I said 100% correct."

They nodded. We went to go sit back down at the table with Spark. Spark was resting his head in his left paw with his elbow on the table glancing down at the table. He looked so... lifeless. It was really hard for me to see him this way. He has been my best friend since elementary after all. We all gave Spark our food and he finished everything in 3 minutes. Dang... he eats faster than I do now.

Spark then says, "Thank you guys, I really appreciate this." He says it pretty quietly still.

"It's no problem you seemed extremely hungry so it was the least we could do!" I'm trying to stay positive and give off good vibes to Spark cause getting depressed at this is not going to help Spark any. Then the bell for first hour rang.

Spark doesn't say anything and just goes straight to first hour. Dark tells me and Aaron, "I found a cool spot near my house, and I thought I'd show it to Spark. Would you guys also like to come?"

Aaron nods, and I say, "Yeah, sounds fun and it might make Spark feel a bit better just having some fun."

Dark then waved goodbye and went to first hour. Aaron and I went to our first hour since we have the same class. I ask Aaron, "Do you have any ideas on how we can return Spark back to normal?"

Aaron thinks for a moment before saying, "Well, if what you said is right then it's not going to be easy, but I think we just need to call him out on what's happening in his house then he'd be forced to open up to us. But we can do that at the place Dark said we can go to. I know it might sound like a bad idea, but if I was in his position that would be what helps me most."

It did sound like it might work, but he might also get mad at us for calling it out. I think we can try because I know if Spark gets mad at us it won't last long. But if we can get to him we are able to help him.

Aarons POV

While I wasn't entirely sure how to emotionally help people myself. I just thought on what might help me if I was in Sparks place and maybe it could work for him. While I might not have known Spark for as long as Red might have he was still my friend. We'd talk in weights class every day when we had a chance and we talked on the phone every once in a while just to see what the other person was doing.

Overall there was no reason for me not to help him. It wouldn't benefit anyone just ignoring it. I mainly just hope this doesn't effect Dark and Sparks relationship any. I didn't know Dark all that well since I just met him the other day but if he is a friend of Red he is a friend of mine.

End of part 10

I ended it here because I wanted to get it it today and I was too tired to work on it anymore. :/

So yeah, a darker chapter than the others. Also next part might be the 2nd or 3rd to last part before I end the story. Not because I've ran out of ideas, but because I feel like it would be a good part to end.

Also, sorry for the short Aaron POV.😅 I'll try to add a better one next chapter.

Hope y'all enjoyed reading: I'll see if I can get the next part out by Sunday. : D