1

1:32 am.

It's pitch dark. And by that, I mean really, really pitch black. The only bit of light comes from the lightning bolts that pervade the night sky here and there.

I've been lying around here for two or three hours trying to fall asleep. But it just doesn't want to work. Every time I have calmed down that far and try to fall asleep, it thunders again deafeningly loud and again a bright, gigantic lightning flashes through the sky.

Yeah, ok, I'll admit it, I'm scared of thunderstorms and lightning and all that storm stuff. I find it pretty embarrassing, so I've never told anyone before. Therefore, night after night, I lie awake in bed and just wait for the thunderstorm to pass. After that, I actually want to catch up on the missed sleep, but either it's almost day again or I can't fall asleep and just toss from side to side.

I flinch for another time when there is a loud crack above me. I try to suppress my whimpering, or at least dampen it with my blanket so that Clay doesn't notice anything.

A few days ago, Clay just showed up spontaneously on my doorstep. Just like that, a strange man stood on my doorstep and smiled at me. All he had to do was say, "Hello Georgie," and I, 'a little confused', fell around his neck. I mean, it doesn't happen every day that my best friend of four years and secret crush, which I have never seen before, just shows up at my house.

It may sound weird, but I'll admit: I'm already a little in love with Clay. I mean, I've never met this man in RL, let alone I know what he looks like. I have to say that during our friendship, I fell in love with him more and more. His voice, his way of laughing and above all his soft and friendly way, which he doesn't often show in his videos. He always seems to be the cool Minecraft Speedrunner, with an unbelievably high IQ. I also admire him for that and am very proud to be able to call this man my best friend.

But when we are together in TS or on Discord, he's a little different. Sure, he still jokes and especially makes fun about me, but there is another side to him. He is attentive, concerned, and understanding. He's helped me with countless problems, and he's younger than me. It's funny how much you can trust someone you've never seen before.

That never bothered me. I mean, I've always wanted to know what he looks like. So, I was a little surprised why he had never shown me his face before. But I respect his decisions. When I asked him about it, Clay just said he would show me his face someday, and we would meet in the future. That was enough for me. I trust him like I've never trusted anyone before.

So, when he was standing in front of my door, I could only stare at him at first. Only after he has freed himself from my grip, of course. But that doesn't mean he didn't hug me less tightly. He's so incredibly handsome. Better than I had ever imagined. While I can't exactly describe the color of his eyes, they were the first thing I noticed. They exude so much warmth and compassion.

He just stood there and let me examine him. A smile graced his full lips. At some point, it got a little embarrassing to stand in the hallway and just stare at each other, so we went into the living room and sat on the couch. There we talked for a while, at the very beginning of course with the question: Why is he here?

"I just felt the need to see you. Lately, you've sounded a little sad and depressed, I haven't seen you like this for a long time. Even if you say it's nothing, I just wanted to check on you. I don't want my best friend to be unhappy. "

He's astonishing. Did I mention that? Who would get on the next plane and take the long journey, just because I sound a little sad. Especially in our situation. Well, if I hadn't already fallen for him, I would be by now.