CHAPTER 1. Death From Beauty

I stood in front of my step mother's door, brows raised as I heard her talking to the golden mirror she had received from my father before he died.

My step mom had always been rather odd, this was the last straw though, I couldn't help but wonder when she started talking to the thing.

And people called me weird, at least I don't talk to mirrors. That just crosses too many lines for me.

I flinched as my step mom let out a particularly loud wail. "Oh my God, a frown line!" She shrieked and wailed again.

I knocked and cleared my throat. "Mother... I was told you skipped lunch again?"

The door opened and the older, but still beautiful woman, frowned at me. "Snowy, I've told you not to interrupt me, I'm working,"

I bit the inside of my cheek. "I'm sorry, I was worried,"

She waved me off and walked further into her messy room, clothes thrown about, makeup and face creams strewn across the floor, and shoes all about the place. "Snowy," she turned and suddenly grabbed my face, pinching my cheeks with her fingers, eyes narrowed on my face.

I was short, and felt tiny in front of the woman. She was tall, even taller in her heels. I was only 5'2, and it was constantly mentioned.

"You're face is so smooth," she squinted at me. "What have you been using?"

I blinked at her. "Uhm, water and young age?" She realised my face roughly and walked over to her dresser, grabbed the edges and stared herself down in the mirror.

"My dear child, what do you see?" She pointed at her face, eyes wide. I tilted my head to the side gazing at her dark makeup, red lips, and bright cheeks.

"W-well, a young looking, gorgeous queen?" I said weakly, and she smiled, ruffling her hair and gazing at herself in the mirror again.

"Hmm, yes, you're right," she waved me off. "Go on then, I want to try a new scrub, it's supposed to make my face shine." The queen giggled and cupped her own face.

I wrinkled my nose. "Yes, mother," I stepped out and closed the door. I didn't really like makeup, and I think that's only because she was obsessed with it.

I touched my white hair and sighed, deciding to go down to the garden. The sun was warm, and I gazed out at the budding flowers with a small smile.

I liked the palace, don't get me wrong, but I wanted more out of life. When dad was still alive, he let me go out on horse back, sword practice, and even let me explore the woods.

Now I wasn't even allowed to get dirty, because it might ruin my skin. But then, mother also got mad because I was pretty, so I had concluded that she was just insane.

"Snowy," a proud voice proclaimed loudly, and I felt my nose wrinkle. Peter, he was annoying, and a prince. He wanted to marry me, or so he claims.

I think he just wants the kingdom. Either way, he was rude, and thought his handsome face would be enough to sway me.

I leaned on the well and gave him a wide fake smile. "Prince Peter, good day!" Go fall in the pond,

He smirked and jumped off his horse, nearly tripping on a stick, which he played off as stretching. "Good indeed, now that I've seen you," he winked, but it looked more like he had something in his eye.

I simply smiled again, and he leaned on the well next to me. I had the urge to trip him, but his fancy armor might be too heavy, and I'd feel guilty if he drowned on my account. "Snowy, you look like an angel," Peter declared and I felt dirty as he looked at me. "Lips like pink roses," he backed up and touched his chest, other hand going to the sky.

"Eyes like sapphires! Smile like the brightest star!"

Oh god, I feel sick, I thought, my smile growing more pained as he moved about as if drunk.

"Hair like a halo! Body like a-"

"Peter, thank you, but I must retire," I interrupted, stepped past him.

"Why must you be so cold as I show my affection towards you?" Peter demanded, following me a few paces.

I looked at him, wishing I could snap all the comments I had in my mind out loud. I hated how since I was a 'princess' I was expected to be all the things that I wasn't.

Perfect, I wasn't perfect, and I certainly didn't like the way I was living life. I had had one, so why did I have to live it like this?

I had finally had enough, and turned to face Peter. "Honestly? I don't want to marry you, or be friends," I told him, and his eyes went wide.

"Why not?! What's wrong with me?" I winced at how offended he seemed.

"Are you sure it's me you like, and not the kingdom?" I asked softly, and he blanched.

"The kingdom? How would I get that from you?" His voice was mocking, and I shook my head, confused.

"I'm first in line for the throne," my words were drowned out by his laughter.

"Ha, haha," he wiped away a fake tear. "Snowy, your brother will be king, not you,"

My cheeks flushed in anger. "I'm the deceased kings daughter, and the eldest," I snapped, but Peter looked more amused. I turned sharply, long hair flipping to the side as I hurried into the castle.

My feet were loud as I stomped, throwing open doors in search of my younger step-brother. I opened the door to his chambers, eyes filled with anger. "Jonathan!"

He looked up from where he sat at a table, papers he was studying shifting from the breeze of the open window beside him. "Princess," he said simply, standing calmly.

He never called me by my name, called me sister, nothing. He always said princess. "Where did Peter get the idea that you are to be king?"

He sighed and pushed his chair into place slowly, gazing at me with his dark brown eyes. "Because it's true,"

I bit my cheek. "Jonathan -"

"You are too gentle to be a ruler," he interrupted, walking towards me lazily. "Mother agrees, she wants you to marry Peter and live silently."

I tilted my chin up. "But I will not!" I cried, and his eyes flickered with surprise, this the first time I openly opposed him. "I am to be-" I froze when his hand shot out, grabbing my chin.

"If you know what's good for you, you won't argue with me like this," he said harshly and shoved me back. "Get out of my sight,"

I glared at him, furious, but walked out, shutting the door firmly. "Princess! Princess!" A maid shouted and grabbed my arm. "You must leave!"

I raised an eyebrow. "What happened now?"

"The queen has ordered your execution!" The maid breathed. I froze.

"Why?!" My eyes went wide and the maid shook her head.

"She's told all the guards you must be found and killed, because you're more beautiful than she is, not matter how many products she uses," the maid told me.

I knew she was crazy, but this crazy?!

I write too many books, 😭😂

What fairytales would you guys like to see? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Next chapter, we meet our men, 😉😎