"Have you gotten lost?", Lady Amaryllis sneered in which I batted no eye to, stealing away her attempt for amusement.

Abruptly I stop in front of a door, startling the Lady and her pushover maid. My Lady should be waiting on the other side of these doors, I'm almost reluctant to let Lady Amaryllis pass through.

Lady Amaryllis Pov.

Once the disgraced maid finally opened the large Bruce doors the real stain on a name came into sight. A grin tugged my pink tinted lips as I soaked up her image, Sickly pale with poorly concealed bags under her blinded ice white eyes, silver shimmering hair flowing down her back in luscious curls made to distract from her obviously slightly slouched shoulder.

Lady Mayu's exhaustion shone brighter than the glimmering jewels around her neck and newly changed pastel purple gown that faded into a white that brushed the carpeted floor.
The colors of her gown changed her natural appearances to look lighter than usual but design wise it was quiet a simple gown made for nobles of lower status...like a barons daughter..

Naturally my eyes shifted from the disabled woman to her shameful maid. Disgust tasting foul in my mouth as I spoke her name.

"Alla"

She stood on the other side of the room, assisting her 'master' while chastising the maid nearby who's posture told me she clearly lacked self-confidence. Immediately Alla's attention shifted to me, questioning my sudden use in her name.

"It is quite rude to easily abandon the guests of the Lady to merely scold another maid", I flicked out my fan, "One would assume you came from a family whose status were as low as the dirt under my shoes with the manners you've already displayed"

No visible nor verbal response was given from Alla but instead Lady Mayu.

"If she is to be assumed to have the family status as low as the dirt under your shoes then that dirt would be the kind that rests under a flourishing Rose bush, aiding the flowers that bloom and survive, leeching off of its support", Lady Mayu states with a dead neutral expression, "If I'm not mistaken then that would make her one of the most important components within that rose bush's life"

Utter shock racked my mind at Lady Mayu's defending of Alla. With her challenging my words I could see no way nor find the will to back down.

"A rose bush?", I ask but without the meaning of a question, "among where the roses grow do you ghostly imply that you're in there?...I could only assume that's what you mean seeings how Alla is the dirt in which supports you."

An Idea comes to mind, A rather bad idea that has a chance to backfire if Lady Mayu is quick enough in the brain to catch on to what I'm saying.

"I wonder what type of rose you would be? I know not of a rose that would fit your...qualities, you're skin so pale you're no red rose but perhaps the less favored white rose...the one that knows no color nor beauty", I pause, still not getting a rise out of the lady. She's oblivious

"but wait!", I exclaim while feigning an innocent realization, "A white rose is still not best fitting because of its lesser reputation...so perhaps a flower best fitting would be a ground elder.."

***************NOTE *****************

Ground Elders are a type of weed best known by the name of 'Bishop's Weed', it's quite an annoying weed to deal with!

**************************************

"Do you see yourself among the roses Lady Amaryllis? Do you see yourself a rose blessed by the suns touch?", Her questions ripped the breath from my next words. my silence giving her an honest answer my words could never do.  she continued on while I completely stopped.

"you imagine yourself Among the places where the roses grow beautifully with vibrant colors of red and pink erupting from their petals whereas I imagine yours wilted in it's own ruin. I don't need the spoils of sight in order to see you're riddled with ash, better snipped at the bud than letting it continue on with it's delusional dream of flourishing like the rest"

Her voice was sharp like a knife that cut deep into my heart. The reality of this whole situation becoming glaringly clear to me... everything she said was true.

The next moments escaped me as Alla led me to the couch across from Lady Mayu and served me tea. I stared down at the small tea cup on its saucer, sitting peacefully on the coffee table.

"I may be blind Lady Amaryllis but I am not stupid. The meaning behind your words will never be hidden from me. I advise you keep that in mind the next time you attempt something as foolish as this"

Lady Mayu sipped her tea in silence for the next few minutes. Within those minutes I remained trapped in the remembrance of everything that was said earlier. Every word she said ringing in my ears.

"Lady Amaryllis", Alla begin, snapping me out of what I must assume to be shock.

"You're Tea is lukewarm, would you like me to serve you another cup?"

Lady Mayu's POV.

Alla assisted Lady Amaryllis throughout the rest of the time she stayed. We indulged In some small talk that was greatly overshadowed by her foolishness from when she first arrived.
From the way her sharp tongue and venomous tone could no longer be found  in our present conversations I could tell she never fully recovered from my responses.

Shortly after finishing her cup of tea Lady Amaryllis left on the claim of suddenly feeling unwell.

"It looks like today must not be your day My Lady", Alla chuckled while she begin to clean up the mess left by my unwanted guests.

"What would make you say that?"

"Well, My Lady you seem to have gotten into some type of confrontation with every guest you've received so far along with the occurrence that happened after the prince's visit"

I stood up, cautious of any obstacles that might be in my way, smoothed out imagery wrinkles in my dress and held out my elbow

"You're right ", I state, "Hopefully my next guest will not meet the same ending as my others have"

Alla gentle took my arm in hers and led me the short distance to my room.
I then sat at what I guessed was the vanity while Alla combed through my hair, ranting on about how poorly of a job that meek maid from before did.

Her voice soon became background noise to my earlier memories of childhood. My only memories of happiness and sight. Before I had told Lady Amaryllis that I did not need the spoils of sight and yet now I search deep within my remaining unchained memories, longing to find sight again.

Authors Note:

I'm still alive!
The other day food poisoning tried to take me down and out which is part of the reason I've updated so late. Lady Luck seems to love tormenting me with these lovely little obstacles for sheer amusement.

I appreciate those of you who have been patient with my questionable update times and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you,
Lime V.