Where Roses grow

Alla's POV.

Her glistening silver hair slipped through the teeth of the comb, damp from the bath's water that now sits lukewarm in the tub, patiently waiting to be drained
My Lady's head bowed, eyes gently closed as I pulled the comb through another stroke that slightly tugged her head back. I did so in silence. A silence that has sat between us since the garden, holding both our tongues and stealing our voices that stringed along any words that can shoo away the quiet.
A knock at the door did what words could not as my voice found it's way back to me.

"Yes? What is it?", I ask, setting down the carefully crafted comb

"The Lady has a guest..", Another maids voice, meek and fragile, "His Lordship sent me to tend for the Lady while  you settle the guest"

Alarms went off in my head, blaring, Lady Mayu shouldn't have another guest until the time of her appointment has arrived, the agreed upon hour. I turn to Lady Mayu, no words being exchanged of any worry or concerns of I, she nods

"Attend the guest Alla", she said and I obeyed, bowing as I dismissed myself and let the meek maid in. I gave her strict instructions before leaving the lady in her care before rushing through the halls to the guest I've already left waiting.
While I traveled the halls with a hast in my step a constant worry thrummed inside my head in sync with the alarms that blared as the mansions tall portrait painted walls swallowed me.

There's a specific reason why Lady Mayu only has one maid permitted to care for her unlike the other Noble Ladies who have at least three or four. If I'm attending My Lady and have urgent matters elsewhere those matters are passed on to another capable maid or to the butler on rare occasions. My Lady has never been attended by any other than I, the head-maid

I stop short in front of a pair of double doors. The set to the left meant for the Lord and the ones to the right, the ones I stand directly in front of, meant for My Lady, who stands to the right of My Lord, Right in the shadow of lies carefully woven together and crafted by My Lord to delicately patch and mend My Lady's flaws into something perfect.

I let out a breath my lungs desperately clung to like a child to it's momma. The person behind these doors await someone to guide them to the Lady's waiting rooms, they await a maid and so a maid they shall have. I brush off any wrinkles of doubt that clung to my dress and weighed me down and flung open the double doors belonging to My Lady who was has been cast away in a sense.
The bright room flooded out of the room, soaking up my vision as two figures stood, settling down whatever tea was served to them.

"Welcome", I bow generously, "I deeply Apologized for the delay", I say, the words finding their way out with ease.

Raising my head my heart dropped and my next words nearly chocked themselves as the clear image of the Viscounts daughter overtook me, Lady Amaryllis Landong and her smug face

"It is a pleasure to have you, Lady Landong", Her eyebrow twitched at the name in which I addressed her with, "If you will ple-

"Do NOT address me with that name", The Lady's venomous voice bit as her overly decorated fan snapped open in time to cover her shamed face, "You will address me as 'Lady Amaryllis'"

"My mistake, Lady Amaryllis", A smile crept on my face as a gave an apologetic bow, "Now if you will please follow me, I'll escort you to My Lady's waiting rooms"

Extending my arm out to the hall I took note of Lady Amaryllis's maid who looked shrunken and fearful in the lady's shadow.

Once in the halls that once resembled a maze I promptly led them down a series of paths, skipping shortcuts and taking detours to obstruct the mental map that the guests could possibly form.