𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 15: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝛐𝐥𝛐𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝚩𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 her, letting the words hang in the air again. Her eyes met with his for barely a second, and then she felt the unbearable thickness of the air. What Jo said wasn't fair, and she knew that.

"You know, I had to," he said with furrowed eyebrows. If what she had said first was a form of deflection, he had turned that around now.

"Right," she smiled and looked down at her feet. "Had to." The word bullshit was on the tip of her tongue.

"Listen, I don't think we need to talk about this-"

"Oh, when do you want to talk about it then?" She snapped, finding the perfect place to turn her anger. "After you kiss me again, or after you have your hands down my pants again!?" Jo pushed him away from her, and his eyes flew up to hers.

"Where the hell is this comin' from?" He asked, shoulders rising.

"You wanted to talk," she scoffed and filled the water again, chugging.

"Jodie." He emphasized every letter in her name. She didn't like the way he said that, like she was a child getting something explained to her. "I'm tryin' to help you out here."

"I didn't ask for your help. In case you hadn't noticed, I was trying to remove myself from the fucking conversation," she hissed, so close to yelling, but the doors weren't fully closed. Bucky's mouth was wide agape, and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Jesus fucking Christ," he sighed deeply, and his hand continued down his face, dragging his skin with it.

"Jo? You doing okay?" Pietro's voice sounded, and he peeked around the corner right as Bucky crossed his arms over his chest and tensed his jaw.

"I'm fine," she lied and glared at the brunet until he rolled his eyes and walked past Pietro through the glass doors.

"Why did he follow you?" The blond came over and put a hand on her shoulder, watching the doors.

"What do you think?" She huffed, and he let out a chuckle.

"Still an ass to you?"

"You bet."

"Well, what do you say we do something stupid, then?" A great grin flew over Pietro's face, and the mischievous smirk was back on Jo's face.

"Something stupid, or something fun?"

"What's the difference?"

They let out gleeful giggles and glanced back at the backyard. Her eyebrows rose on her forehead, silently asking if they should get Tony. If they had too much fun, he would kill them for leaving him out.

"Ten-four, good buddy," Pietro chuckled and gently slapped her cheek.

With a flash, he was out of the doors again. Jo dashed up the stairs for the small bag of white powder, grabbed a cold six-pack from the fridge, and her car keys from the entrance hall. Her feet had just left the five stone steps when she heard Tony and Pietro, talking as they ran through the Ivory House.

The lighter in her pocket was used as a bottle opener, the six-pack underneath her arm. Tony took the opened bottle of beer, Pietro grabbing another and opening it with his teeth. The Camaro swung back out on the road with music blaring, and the three 'real' adults back in the house being none the wiser – except for the fact that suddenly all three of them were missing, and the bathrooms weren't occupied.

Jo rubbed her hands along with the leather of the steering wheel, letting her anger fade as the alcohol drove through her bloodstream. Tony dug into her pocket, having seen the top of the bag.