Happily Ever After

A few months later...

France was jittery with excitement as the negotiations were underway for the marriage between King Adrien of France and Lady Marinette Dupain-Cheng or Princess Yang Mei as she was known in China by the Emperor. The king of France invited everyone to witness the betrothal. Adrien sat on his throne as his courtiers mingled about while he waited for his guest to show up. In the crowd of courtiers was Duke Thomas Dupain, Duchess Katrina Rossi and Duchess Chloe Kutzburg( her Husband the Duke and their lover Monsieur Marc were there too). Lila was under house arrest and Marinette was to be presented by her uncle the Emperor. The Duke knew when he married his late wife Princess Xia Bing that he would have no say in who was to marry his blood children as was the agreement with his brother in law the Emperor. His brother in law only agreed to let him marry Xia Bing if all education and marriage of any children was handled by the emperor himself. He will even pay the dowry!

" His Imperial Majesty, The Emperor of China!" The Emperor was middle aged but he still looked as the day he became emperor.

" Your Imperial Majesty, welcome to my court." Adrien greeted.

" His Imperial Majesty thanks Your Majesty the King of France for agreeing to meet him especially to discuss the terms of agreement in the marriage between yourself and the Emperor's beloved niece. He looks forward to an alliance between France and China." The Emperor's ambassador replied after being told what the emperor wanted to say. For the emperor could not speak French.

The young King of France merely nodded. This was the Que of the Chinese ambassador to announce, " Your Majesty, the Emperor presents his beloved niece Princess Yang Mei, the daughter of his imperial majesty's only sister Princess Xia Bing."
Marinette at this point had walked in and her uncle took her hand and led her to Adrien's throne.

" Her Highness Princess Yang Mei." The Ambassador said. Marinette curtsied to her suitor and soon to be betrothed.

After hours of negotiations, the negotiations were read out to the court of France. "I, King Adrien of France have offered 9,319,200 Francs ( 10 million in us, 69,799,160 in Chinese Yuan) to the Emperor of China and various other things ( a few really expensive jewelry and trinkets) for the hand of a Princess of China."

" I, Emperor of China have offered 3,000 rich fabrics, The wish granting Pearl, the wish granting scepter, 500 Jade and Bronze, A panda family of three, 100 paintings, Xingqing Palace, Moon Lace and 2 other objects from the 8 treasures. These I give as Princess Yang Mei's dowry. My terms for this marriage is if I have no living children or should my sons be incapable of ruling, the second son of the king of France is to be the next emperor of China and must marry a princess of the current emperors choosing, the Princess is allowed to practice her faith freely in the French court, the King of France and the Princess are welcome to seek safety in my court and if the King of France mistreats the Princess in any way; She is to be brought to my court and under my protection with no say from her father the Duke Dupain." The Chinese ambassador translated.

" Then it is settled. In a years time the marriage between The King of France and The Emperor's niece Princess Yang Mei will take place at the imperial palace in China and then a French ceremony in Paris." Plagg, Adrien's advisor announced.

A few years later....

In the year since the betrothal, Marinette had gone to live in China with her Uncle until the wedding. Both weddings were magnificent and the coronation of the New Queen of France was just as extravagant.

A year after the wedding, Queen Marinette gave birth to Prince Louis, the heir to the French throne. 2 years later she gave birth to Princess Emma and 4 years later the future emperor of China was born Prince Hugo. 3 years later she birthed twin boys and a daughter followed just 1 year later.

Chloe and Nathaniel had 2 children and she had 2 children with her and Nath's lover Marc( What? Someone has to carry the kids for marcnath). Despite the odd marriage it was a good and happy one.

Katrina Rossi and Duke Dupain were killed by Lila Rossi sometime after Princess Emma was born. The title of Duke went to the crown and was given to the forth prince of France. ( The first three princes usually already have titles which are Dauphin, Duke of Orleans and Duke of Angalome)

Lila Rossi was exiled from France and executed in China to keep the scandal from harming the Queen's reputation.

And Tikki and Plagg? Happily reunited, and had 17 children ( the rest of the Kwami's) and while very crazy children, well..... they loved them anyway.

They lived happily ever after ( except for Lila)

The End.