1: Hurt Me Again

Song: Heart Attack

Picture: Dick Catching Artemis after Kaldur stabs her

Enjoy da story!

~.~

"Goodbye, Artemis," the mysterious figure said just as he stabbed the poor girl in the chest. Artemis gasped in pain and fell back. The figure smiled wickedly and left. Nightwing, who was just yards away, rushed forward to catch Artemis.

"Dick," Artemis gasped out. "Do me a favor."

"Anything," Dick said to his long time friend whom he considered his big sister.

"Tell baywatch that I know he loves you. And tell him that if he ever hurts you, I'll come back from the dead to haunt him." Artemis gasped out softly. Dick smiled.

"You'll be honored as a true hero, Arte," Nightwing said as the blonde died without another word, just a slight nod of acknowledgement, the last movement that she ever made.

The rest of the team arrived soon. One look at Nightwing's blank face, and the lifeless body on the ground next to him, they knew that everything was not going to be okay. Not ever.

Solemnly, they lifted their dead teammate- no, family member- into their jet. Nightwing just sat there, staring at the lifeless body on the table. His mind was reeling from what just happened. His best friend- the one who hadn't yelled at him for exploding the mountain- was murdered by some dumbass who thought that they could get away with it. Well, the joke was on him because Nightwing was going to hunt him down and make him pay.

In no time, they had landed, but no one moved. Nightwing broke the silence by speaking, though his voice was shaky.

"One of us has to tell Green Arrow and Roy," Nightwing said to his team, and thank the gods that only Alpha team was here. Nightwing would hate to look weak when the younger kids were there.

"I'll tell them," M'gann said, her voice cracking, "But Nightwing, I think you should tell Wally."

Dick nodded and left, the jet becoming too stuffy for him. As soon as he stepped into the mountain, though, all the younger members rushed forward joyfully.

"Where is Wally?" Nightwing asked in a short, cut tone. All for the younger members took a step back.

"He's in the main room, but what-" Robin started, only to be cut off by Nightwing.

"Something happened. The others will tell you about it," Nightwing answered, walking forward in short, programmed steps. Just before he entered the main room, he took a deep breath.

"Wally," Nightwing said ask he cautiously stepped into the room. Wally turned around and looked the younger man who stood in front of him.

"Dick," Wally replied in a curt tone. Was this seriously what they were reduced to?

Dick took a deep breath, getting ready to be yelled at. "Someone killed Artemis."

Wally's eyes widened. He rushed forward and grabbed Nightwing by the side of his shoulders roughly.

"What?" Wally hissed in anger. Nightwing winched as Wally tightened his grip, making Nightwing feel smaller than he already was.

"Artemis was killed," Nightwing whispered quietly. Wally's nostrils flared.

"What the hell, Dick?" Wally snarled, leaning in close. "And just where the fuck were you, Nightwing?"

Dick bit his lip. Wally spit out his superhero name so violently and held so much disdain that it made Dick's heart break into pieces. Wally hated him.

"Where the hell were you when my girlfriend was being killed?" Wally hissed again. Dick took a deep breath and answered with a shaking voice.

"I was fighting off some of Black Mantra's men," Dick replied. If possible, Wally increased his grip on the poor teen's shoulders.

"Well, you have been paying attention to her instead of the goons," Wally hissed, shoving Dick back forcefully and leaving the room.

Dick bit his wobbly lip and raced to his room, not seeing his orginal team standing in the doorway with their mouths hanging open. They couldn't believe what they just saw.

Meanwhile, Nightwing ran into his room and shut the door, making sure to lock it. He sank down to the floor and rested his head onto his forearms. The poor bird began to sob silently, cursing his heart and himself for having a crush on Wally. After all, how can you love a person that could hit you whenever he's angry?

~•~

You like? Also, this is cross posted on Archiveofourown. Comment plz!

~Dani