9 | ᴍᴀɢᴜɴᴀ

Start from the beginning

"What are you even saying?" I murmur.

"What I am saying is, time works differently in the quantum realm. The only problem is that right now we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? What if we could control the chaos, what if... What if there was a way to go into the quantum realm at a certain point of time, but then exit the quantum realm at another point of time? Like... Before Thanos." I look at him with amusement.

"That is the stupidest idea, time travel isn't possible." I chuckle. I have thought about it, a way to get them back. But there is no way.

"But I- I know it's crazy but I think it could work, Tony. Think of your daughter Y/N, you could get her back-" I cut him off putting my hand in his face.

"Don't." I ordered. I can't, I have learned not to think about her.

"Tony, after everything you've seen, isn't anything possible?" Cap utters.

"The quantum fluctuation messes with the planck scale which triggers the deutsch proposition. Can we agree on that?" I hand cap a drink. He thanks me. "In layman's terms it means you're not coming home."

"I did." Scott gives me a thin lipped smile.

"No, you are lucky that you survived that. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you want to pull a- What do you call it?" I glare at Lang.

"A time heist." He speaks. I chuckle.

"Yeah, a time heist, of course." I look at Nat and Cap. "Why didn't we think of this before? Oh because it's laughable. Because it's just a dream." I pipe up.

"The stones are in the past. We could go back, we could get them." Cap mutters.

"We can snap our own fingers and bring everyone back. Tony, please." Nat begs.

"Or screw it up more than he has, right?" I look at them with an annoyed face.

"I believe that we could do it." Cap says. I raise my eyebrows.

"I gotta say, I miss the giddy optimism. However high hopes won't help if there is no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute the so-called time heist. I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise." I take a sip of my drink.

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. Alright? It means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events." Lang sits in the chair by me.

"I'm going to stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back to the Future." My comment reminds me of something Parker and Y/N would laugh at. Dammit I miss them.

"No." He shakes his head, chuckling a bit. These people are dumbasses

"Good you had me a little worried there. 'Cause that would be horseshit. That's not how quantum physics works." I spit. They need to leave.

"Tony?" I hear Nat. She looks at me, pure pain in her eyes, "Think of all we have lost, Me, Clint, Cap, Scott, Bruce, Thor, You. We have lost so much. We have to take a stand."