C20

LAURA

"Can I ask you something?" Kai asked out of nowhere. We were laying on his bed naked after another round of coition. My head was on his chest with my hand hugging his middle.

"Sure. What is it?"

He sighed and proceeded in asking his question. "I don't want you to take this the other way, I just want to know. If situation were different and you didn't have to return home, would you ever consider staying here with me?"

I let his words sink in before I moved head to his face, his eyes were already on me, watching me curiously and anxiously awaiting my reply. The truth was ever since we bonded I've been thinking about the same thing but I was torn between duties and responsibilities, but since he said if our situation were different and hell yeah I'd stay, I'd stay for him.

"Yes." I answered.

He smiled and leaned over to press a kiss on my lips.

"El-Sah-El."

"El-Laura-El."

"El-Sah-El." The voice creeps inside my head, pulling me out of yet another memory of him. "El-Sah-El."

"Get out of my head!" I order Gar through the same way he spoke to me. He's been doing it for days now and I do not like it. I found out he was under strict instructions to inform Riga of my arrival and yeah Riga succeeded in becoming El after murdering my father. I don't know how he was able to pull it off but I knew the moment I step foot out of the portal that my father was gone and seeing his statue mounted along side past El just confirmed it, at least Riga respected him enough to add him to the collection.

He has yet to come see him, actually no one has been allowed to see me and honestly I don't think anyone wants to. They've been keeping me in the darkest, deepest part of the dungeon. I'm chained to the wall, it's the same one they used on me on Earth because the burn my wrist and ankle. This place is reserved for the sickest and twisted minded criminals on Di Hipsodat, and it's ironic because I created this place for Riga and now he locked me in, denying me the chance to see or talk to anyone. I haven't eaten or drank anything and honestly I don't want to. All I want is Kai and I can't ever see him again. I don't know how long I've been here but it's been a while.

I remember the first time Kai and I met, I remember how irritated I was of him. He was calling me out on my behavior and I hated it. I wanted to kill him and the rest came. I've never been the one to regret my actions because when I do something, I do it with all of me and now I'm burying myself in regret. I should have just killed him when I had the chance, then I wouldn't have falling in love with him and I won't be feeling like this. I don't regret my time with him because I will forever cherish them.

"El-Sah-El." I try not to groan because even groaning hurt, I might as well hear what he has to say before he kills me before my execution day. I know Riga is going to kill me, he wants to drain me of my powers before killing me, hence this prison.

"What?!"

"I have a plan," he responds.

"Plan for..."

"Getting your strength back."

"I don't need your help, Gar. You sold me out and I'm going to die, but let me assure you this, if I survive, I'm going to kill you and your son." I vow even though that sounds nothing like what the old me would say, I like to think I've still got it in me and also shut him off, I don't have my powers so I don't think I can actually shut him off.

The sound of the door opening pulls me out my thoughts. I look forward and squint when light fills the room, I've been in the dark for a while. I don't have to hear her to know who it is, I mean it's not as if she makes any sound when moving.

The high priestess stops in front of me and removes the hood covering her face before going down on her knees. "El-Sah-El, please forgive me for I haven't been a good follower of your." I resist rolling my eyes, she didn't do anything but I should be possible. I'm too weak to be.

"What are you doing here?" I demand.

"I've come to break you out." She answers.

"He will kill you, Gaea. He will fucking end you."

Without looking at me, she says, "I will take my chances. He has announced your execution day, he plans to kill you in front of the whole citizen. I'm taking you to the Golden water to restore your strength and powers, that way he won't stand a chance. He went to all this trouble to end you but he knows he can't do that if you have your powers. Let me help you get your revenge, El-Sah-El. You deserve to be on that throne, not him."

I'm too tired to even think about anything that isn't Malakai but what she's saying make sense.

"How do you plan on getting me out of here?"

She raises her head to look at me this time, she gasps as her eyes washes over me. "I know. I know I look terrible."

"The lines of your blood are becoming more visible, El-Sah-El, if you don't get inside the Golden Water now, you will die."

"Thanks for stating the obvious, Gaea but you still haven't answered my question. How did you plan on getting me out of here?"

"The same way I came in, a portal. Are you really?"

"Ready? Hells yeah."

****

THANK YOU FOR READING. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND FOLLOW.