"Yeah," Mya admitted in a small voice. She moved the blanket off her lap, exposing her bump.

"That's a bump," Fred scrambled out of his seat, backing up and pointing down at Mya. "There's a bump. Mya I may not know a lot about pregnancy, but I'm pretty sure they don't grow that fast to where there's a bump."

Mya rolled her eyes at his dramatics. "That's because I'm four months along."

"Four!?" Fred squeaked. "Th-that- Y-you... you're..."

"Four months pregnant," Mya finished for him.

Fred fell back down onto the ottoman. There was no expression on his face, everything was blank. 

"Fred?" Mya shook his shoulder. "You okay?"

"You're having a baby and I'm dying and we got married because I'm going to die," Fred rambled out.

"Yes," Mya nodded her head. "That is what I have been dealing with for the past few months."

Fred looked back over at her before looking down at the bump. He gulped, trying to find some words to say through the fumbling going on in his mind. "Do you know what it is?"

Mya smiled again, but more genuine this time. She hadn't been able to talk about this with anyone before but that didn't mean she wasn't imagining who her baby was going to be. "I think it's a boy." She placed a hand on her bump. "I don't know why, but it feels like a boy."

"Can I..." Fred reached his hand out a bit before pulling it back. "Am I allowed to touch it?"

Mya let out a little laugh about how silly Fred was acting. She reached forward to take his hand guiding it over to her bump. Fred's hand expanded across her belly a smile spreading across his face. 

"You have a baby in there," Fred whispered. "Our baby."

"I do," Mya tried to memorize the look on his face. The way his eyes lit up and the smile that made his cheeks move up higher. It was morbid but she wanted to be able to describe to her child one day what the look on their father's face was when he found out.

Then something happened, the baby inside of her shifted. Fred gasped not moving but also not removing his hand. "Did he just move?"

"Yeah," Mya's face lit up as well. "He started doing that after what happened... I like to think it's because you were there."

"Yeah, I like that too," Fred reached his hand behind her neck. He leaned forward, kissing her. It was a very loving kiss and one that Mya desperately needed. When he pulled away, Fred rested their foreheads together, his hand still resting on her bump. "We're having a baby, love."

"We're having a baby," Mya repeated with joy in her voice.

A soft knock came at the door. Mya quickly pushed Fred's hand off her before grabbing the blanket and pulling it back on her. "Come in!"

Sophia was the one who opened the door. "Hey, um, we need you out here for a talk."

"Yeah sure," Mya tucked some hair behind her ear. "Um, we'll be right out."

"Actually, I think it's best if Fred goes home," Sophia told her. It was strange for Mya to hear her in her natural accent, after hearing the fake American one for her whole life. "It's, uh, a family conversation."

"Fred is family," Mya said a bit defensively. He was her husband, even if they didn't know that. 

"It's alright," Fred assured her. He stood up, leaning down and kissing her on the cheek. "Will talk later, yeah?"