Sometimes Onika hated that her mom noticed the little things, like how Onika didn't care for prom last year. She even went as far as saying that the seniors were exaggerating about just how fun prom was. Now that she was a senior and also in love? She was ecstatic about the memorable night, she just knew that would be the night Beyoncé would deflower her.

It almost happened on Valentines Day but she ruined it, childishly getting jealous at the fact that Beyoncé wasn't a virgin as well. She eventually got over it, deciding that Beyoncé was probably just thinking with her penis. She now knew that when she and Beyoncé partook in sex, it'd be much more meaningful than whoever Beyoncé's done it with before.

"Just happy about who I'm going with." Onika answered quietly, she watched as her mother pulled in front of Caiah's school. "Bye loser love you."

"Love you too." Caiah bid before unintentionally slamming the car door, both of them aware that the boy was in a rush to get some time in on the playground before the bell rang.

"You're still playing with fire huh?" Carol asked, pulling off and driving in the direction of her daughter's school.

"Mama." Onika groaned.

"I'm just saying, that girl is no good. Nika why don't focus on school until you graduate? In college you'll probably meet a nice young man who's worthy."

"Ma, she's good to me and I'm focused. My grades are still good, I go to all my classes and I'm hardly ever late. You just don't like her."

"For valid reasons, I know she's involved in stuff she shouldn't be and if she wants to do that fine but I don't like the idea of you being dragged into that."

Onika rolled her eyes, hoping this ride to school would go faster. Beyoncé never tied her into anything she had going on, Beyoncé respected her way too much for that. People judged her because of what they heard but Onika knew the real her, they didn't know Beyoncé the way she did.

A few minutes later Carol pulled up to Onika's place of learning, the pair couldn't help but notice the cop cars outside. Onika began to wonder what happened already? It was merely 7:45, who could possibly be in trouble this early?

Her question was soon answered when she saw two officers haul someone out of the building in handcuffs. Onika's heart rate quickened at the familiar blonde curls, her immediate reaction was to jump out of the car. Her eyes had become watery, preventing her vision from being clear.

"Beyoncé?" Onika practically cried out, watching as her girlfriend was currently being roughly escorted by the police men.

"Oni." Beyoncé frowned, shame eating her body as she looked at Onika's sad eyes and the tears that threatened to fall. "I'm sorry, I love you baby."

Onika hadn't even noticed that her mother held her back, a way of keeping her from intervening in the arrest. Carol wasn't a fan of Beyoncé but even she didn't approve of the way they man handled the teen and she didn't need the officers to do the same to Onika, who was much more fragile than Beyoncé.

That was only a preview of the emptiness she'd experience but Onika was optimistic and she loved Beyoncé. She wouldn't give up on her.

Onika sat as she watched the blonde take a seat across from her, the sight of her in the blue jumpsuit broke her heart. No matter how much the town talked, Beyoncé didn't deserve this. She was still a kid and she was a good person, Onika wouldn't change her mind no matter what.