"What do you mean 'every man'?" Luisa asks before I can.

"Other than you, Pepa and Rose, do you really think the women of the village can fight mercinaries? They'd be dead in a minute." Felix says. Pepa thunders and Isabela makes a few cacti grow around her.

"Enough! An argument isn't going to help." Bruno raises his voice, surprising everyone. "I agree with telling the villagers. And every adult that's willing and able can join the fight."

"We should also make defenses. Slow them down as much as possible so we have a better advantage." Leo inputs. They start making plans, and I go back to pacing. Bruno stops me this time, hugging me tightly to his chest. I take deep breaths, letting his scent calm me down.

"It's going to be ok, mi amor. I won't let him hurt you." Bruno whispers to me. I grip the back of his ruana.

"I don't care if he hurts me. I'm used to it. I refuse to let him hurt you or the family." I nearly sob. He holds me tighter and pets my head. Alma decides it will be her, me, Bruno and Leo who informs the town of what's to come, and start setting up the defenses. We gather everyone in the town square and Alma breaks the news. People murmur and are rightfully scared.

"Where will those who can't fight stay?" One of the villagers ask.

"Casita is the best place. Plenty of room and nothing will get through those doors or over walls." Alma tells them. Alma answers everyone's questions with such confidence that even I'm starting to get hope. Pain suddenly erupts across my face, sending me to the ground. I look up to see an 80 year old woman with tears in her eyes.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU'VE BROUGHT THIS DEATH SENTENCE TO OUR TOWN!" She screeches. A few of the eldest generation have haunted looks. I recall how the family got their gifts, and the trauma that included. Bruno helps me up and seems ready to rip the woman a new ass hole, but my hand on his arm stops him. I stand before the woman, looking her dead in the eye.

"I know. I'm sorry this is coming to pass. I swear on my life, I will do everything to protect this town and the people within it." I vow to her. She baas and waves me off.

"Your life is nothing. Once forfeit, you don't have to deal with the aftermath of your failure." She sneers. I look around and see the fear in everyone's eyes. I look down, trying to think of what to say to prove my sincerity.

"I don't know how to prove to you all that I mean what I say. I'll still do all I can to help protect our community." I say, looking her in the eyes. The old lady stares back, then nods.

"You better, young lady. Our lives rest in your hands." The woman says, then leaves. The rest of the day is spent walking around town, seeing where we can make barriers to funnel in attackers while protecting the most houses. Since we know they will attack the day Dolores and Mariano chose as their wedding day, we have roughly three months to get ready.

Later that night, I'm in mine and Bruno's room, thinking as I stare into space. I'm sitting sideways in Bruno's beat up chair, one leg to my chest while the other is over the arm. Leo's question comes up in my mind. How did Preston get here? Did another portal spit him out somewhere beyond the Encanto? Are we just that cut off from other civilizations that not even planes fly overhead? I start to get a migraine thinking in circles.

"Mi Corazón, I can hear the wheels turning in your mind." Bruno's voice calls out. I look over to see him leaning against the door. I get off the chair and meet him halfway across the room. He pulls me into an embrace and kisses my forehead.

"Sorry, just worried about what's coming." I sigh kissing his nose when looks down at me.

"We all are. We haven't had to fight for our lives since Mama was your age." He sighs, getting undressed for bed. I do the same and comment that we're lucky Leo is a martial arts instructor. He'll be teaching villagers how to punch and kick without hurting themselves, and using machetes and staffs as weapons. I start wringing my hands, a thought popping into my mind.

"What if the townspeople don't learn how to fight? What if we can't protect everyone? What if -" Bruno silences me with a kiss, then pulls me to bed and has us laying facing each other. He wraps my leg around his waist and cups my cheek.

"We'll worry about that outside those doors. In here? It's just us." He says, then kisses me. I kiss back, needing the affection. His hand travels down my neck, over my chest, and stops at my waist. He grips me and pulls me tightly against him, making me let out a small moan. I can feel him getting hard against my mound, and I reach down to aid him.

I wrap my fingers around his dick, starting off slowly pumping him. He huffs into the kiss, making me smile. The hand gripping my waist moves between us, and I feel him play with my clit. I whimper in pleaser, making him grin. He keeps rubbing circles on my clit until I'm soaked. I continue to jack him off, twisting my hand every now and then until he's rock hard. He pulls his hand away, making me whine until he grabs my hips and flips us over, making me straddle him.

"I need to feel all of you, Amor. Ride me tonight, Bebita?" He huffs. I nod and lift up. Bruno lines himself up, and I sink down slowly, groaning at the stretch. I can't believe how deep he reaches within me. He holds my hips still, looking at me with hooded eyes. "Joder, Bebita. Te sientes muy bien." He groans, gripping my hips. He starts moving them in a circle, making him press against my cervix, but he doesn't move in and out. My jaw drops as my eyes flutter closed, a deep burn building in me.

He starts lifting his hips, just enough to push harder in me, but keep me full and stretched. I let out little "Ah!"s with each thrust, barely holding myself up on his thighs. He lets go of my hips to pull me forward and down to him. Once I'm bent over him, Bruno pulls me down for a desperate kiss.

"Fuck, Papí! How are you so deep!?" I cry out, fisting the sheets on both sides of his head. He bits my lower lip and groans, hips still grinding into mine. His one hand goes to mine and laces out fingers together. He starts to move his hips faster, making me bounce enough to get a little friction.

"Él nunca te lastimará de nuevo, Mi Corazón. Te amo demasiado para dejar que eso suceda." He huffs in a deep tone. I start using my legs to bounce on him, finally getting that full friction. He takes my other hand and props me up so I'm sitting straight on him. "Te amo, Mi Corazón." He huffs, and I manage to open my eyes to see him watching me, a few tears falling from his eyes.

"Y-yo también te amo mucho, Bruno!" I cry out, the burn of him so deep, so strong I know I'm going to be sore in the morning. His own eyes flutter shut, hips slamming up into me. I start making high pitch, almost inhuman noises. The dam breaks and I feel the fire consume me, my vision going white and I'm vaguely aware of my voice screaming Papi.

"That's it, Mi Amor. Mi Corazón. Mi Esposa!" He growls as his hips slam up and grind, the warmth of his cum filling me deeper than I've ever felt it before. I gasp with my head thrown back, tingles covering my body and making me shake. After a few moments frozen in pure pleasure, Bruno slowly lowers me to his heaving chest. I can hear his pounding heartbeat as he wraps a blanket and his arms around me. I turn my head enough to kiss the stubble on the underside of his chin. He hugs me tightly, and kisses my forehead. As I fall asleep, I hear him say, "Te protegeré, lo prometo."