Emily answered, "The quarry just north of town. My brother and I brought you here last night. We found you dead in the woods." Stefan asked for his brother and then asked if he was a vampire. Emily informed that he was in transition. Stefan confusedly asked her, "But how? I..." He didn't remember drinking any vampire's blood. Emily replied, "You had Katherine's blood in your system when you died."

Stefan immediately denied it and she gravely informed him, "She's been compelling you to drink it for weeks, Stefan." Stefan again asked for Damon and she guessed, "He had blood smeared on his mouth so Sif might have given him her blood in his last moments." Stefan accepted the answer and asked about his brother's whereabouts. She guided him towards the river and Stefan joined Damon.

They sat in silence and Damon spoke, "I woke up last night. I didn't know where I was. I went to the church. And I watched them drag her inside. Then they set fire to it. And the whole church went up into flames. They killed her, Stefan. She's gone." Tears dripped down his cheeks and he did not attempt to wipe them, mourning his beloved.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Damon and Sif were staring at the device which Pearl gave him and discussing theories about what it could be when Elena entered the living room. Elena looked at them and asked, "Did you ever figure out what that is?" Damon looked up from the device, "Nope. Whatever it is, it doesn't work." "Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" she questioned further. "She was useless," Sif answered, "She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but that was a pocket watch. That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist."

Damon asked if she'd spoken to her uncle and Elena admitted that she'd been avoiding him. She also mentioned that it wasn't hard as she was spending most of her time at the Boarding House. Damon asked, "So, you'll be here again tonight?" Elena asked if that would be a problem and Sif nodded vigorously while Damon agreed, stating that Elena was a complete nuisance. Elena didn't seem to care as she told them she'd be back later and left.

Sif looked at Damon and said, "How long do we have to put up with her being there all the time?" Damon shrugged, "I don't know. But I need to go offer blood to Stefan. The faster he eats, the faster she leaves." He took a bottle of animal blood from the fridge and went downstairs to the basement to Stefan. Sif eavesdropped on the conversation and was very disappointed when Stefan refused to consume the blood. He would grow weaker without blood and his being on animal blood already sped up the process of desiccation. And that was not fun.

Damon came back up to the living room. His phone rang and he answered it, the caller turned out to be Alaric Saltzman. Damon asked him how he got his number and Alaric responded, "Ah, it's a mystery. Listen, I've, uh, been doing some digging on Elena's uncle. You and Sif interested?" Sif raised an eyebrow at the invitation and Damon questioned, "What kind of digging?" Alaric informed, "I've got an old friend from Duke. Who studied criminology when we were there together. Let's just say he's become a very proficient digger."

Damon asked if he found anything and Alaric responded, "Well, I had him run a track on John's cell records. He was getting a call from a number...The same number that Elena dialled to get Isobel. And then the number was disconnected." Damon rolled his eyes, "Isobel knows John. Whatever. We knew that." Alaric continued, "Right. Well, after that, he started getting calls from a new number. And I had my friend run a geotrack. Got the address. It's...It's an apartment in Grove Hill."

Sif furrowed his eyebrows as Damon asked, "Isobel's in Grove Hill?" Alaric admitted that he didn't know and was thinking they could take a look. Damon agreed, asking for the address and Alaric refused, saying, "Oh, so you can go without me? No. I don't think so." Damon fought, "I'm not going with you. You tried to kill me." Alaric countered saying that Damon did kill him.