chappie eighteen: more confusion

Start from the beginning

"You sure are interesting, Yona-chan." Teruhashi giggled. "You almost remind me Ku—- I mean Saiki." She whispered.

Your expression hardened, a fist curled in your lap. With a small tilt of your head, you stare Teruhashi down, observing her shyness. Biting the inside of your cheek, you inhale and deeply exhale. Kokomi stammers to recover her statement, but shushes when you glare at her. She begins to wonder and feel like all of her efforts were now wasted, however most of all why you had suddenly become angered at her bringing up the pink haired male.

"Why do you like him?" You questioned.

"I-I" Teruhashi is at a blank for a moment. She feels her heart beat faster from thinking of her classmate and friend. She returns her eyes to you and sees the confusion and annoyance on your face. It confuses her until she thinks harder. "Can we talk about this somewhere more private?"

Being in a public area didn't quite give you enough privacy as it did comfort. So going to the park had taken some convincing up until you noticed some of the customers in the place you ate were staring. The walk there was a bit awkward and you wanted to demand answers then and there, but you allowed Kokomi to take you where nobody would bother you two. All you thought about was why a girl like her bothered with someone who had no intention of ever being with her. Not like you had a chance with Saiki nor did you try to convince yourself to express your developing feelings towards him.

It took a few minutes to get to an empty area where there was a small park with a bridge connected to allow people to walk as they please and enjoy the view of a pond. Evening was rolling over as most of the the time was spent at the restaurant eating and zoning out. There didn't seem to be any people around and if there were, they'd have to be invisible or really lanky to be hiding behind the thin trees. Next to you stood Kokomi, looking over the pond. Her eyes closed before she turned to you. There was a fond smile on her lips as she thought of the pink haired psychic that the two of you shared a liking to, but unaware of it.

Teruhashi knew herself as the overall dream woman, but she was around Saiki, all of that flew out the window. He easily made her rethink herself which she had never done. Kokomi had the whole school as her followers and admirers, but none of them really knew her outside of school. It wasn't until she started trying to win over Saiki that Teruhashi hung around his friends and became close with Yumehara. Despite Kokomi being herself, if it weren't for Saiki, she wouldn't have the small group of friends she had. He was her first grasp of a reality she didn't know existed.

"I'm not really sure what I feel for Saiki." Teruhashi confessed, "He's so quiet and to himself that I can't help but wonder if he's lonely. The first time I ran into him, he barely acknowledged me and ever since then it's made me question my feelings for him. It was the first time someone didn't react the same way I'm used to. I don't get it."

Recognition dawned on Yona. She knew exactly what that felt like. Her eyes glanced towards the water of the pond, the pinkish sky reflected over the water with splashes of purple mixing into the scenery. She was reminded of the way a certain someone entered her life and began to make her question herself.

"That's how I feel about Reita." Yona sighed, "When you've had parents who dote on you your whole life like mine, it's weird when someone else treats you differently. You develop something with them and it becomes something more than an obligation and without knowing it, you become attached to the feeling." Yona clears her throat, putting her hands in front of her and then moves them to the side as if moving something over, "But going back to Saiki, I can understand why you like him. I cherish his existence too."

Teruhashi is delighted inside, but at the same time she feels something creeping in the back of her mind. She nods at your exchange and listens attentively. It doesn't go unnoticed to her the way you smile when mentioning the glasses wearing male. It was different when you talk about Reita.

"You understand?" Her smile falters at the water as she grips the railing. Her voice was angelic and soft as always, but the way she way she asked was like a mother being suspicious of their child stealing a cookie from the jar. Her ocean blue eyes stared intensely at you.

You see Kokomi's head shift over to the pond after your silence. In the water's reflection, the clouds passed over, the purple beginning to fade as they drift away for the pink clouds took over and your fully aware of the enthralling glow of her existence that battled the sunset. The shadows behind her grew despite her not moving as did yours. It's getting late and your parents were probably expecting you soon. You had to go, but not without doing something about the girl next to you.

I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. Why? He barely talks to me so how could he make her feel this way too? Does he like torturing me knowing that he has my heart and yet—-

Kokomi's heart accelerated when an arm gently wrapped around her waist and the other arm placed against the back of her head so carefully she barely felt it. She squeaked at the warmth that crept all over her body from the embrace she was pulled into. Her hands trembled at her sides. You pet the back of her head, her hair was so soft. barely and laugh in her shoulder,

"I do." You answer. "He's the reason we have more friends, but I'd like to think we'd be friends despite knowing him. We're similar too in a sense that we're both spoiled and have trouble with people we like too, but only because I've never had experience with someone." You shrugged, "All I know is someone being themselves is enough for me. Bye, Kokomi-chan."

Before Teruhashi responded, you let her go and pass her to walk home. She only stares after you with wide eyes as the breeze pass her too. It's a little stronger, causing a few (color) petals to escape the branch and long on the water staying afloat.

—-
🌚hehehe, I'm sorry for teasing my Teruhashi lovers with this one. There will be other characters involved! I want this to be more than a romance book but there will be plenty romance soon >:3