Untitled Part 12

"What the HELL do you mean Sophia's gone?!"

Hank had broken the news to his officer when he had heard back from Aaron, even with the door closed the other had heard him making them jump. Adam was livid hearing that his beloved niece is missing. He couldn't lose her, not again.

"Adam you need to calm down and relax-" Hank started but was cut off.

"Calm down? Calm down! That's my niece that's missing!"

"Adam! Don't you think I know that? I can't have you going off half cocked right now. We will get Sophia back. I give you my word. Ryan is gonna need you to help keep him calm. We will find her but you have got to keep your head on straight"

Before Adam could say anything his phone rang and he pulled it out. "Ruzek"

"U...Uncle Adam"

The young officer looked at Hank and put the phone on speaker. "Soph, baby. Where are you?"

"I...I don't know. It's dark"

"Can you hear anything?"

"A...A train I think. It sounds like the subway"

The two men went out and Hank looked at Mouse and he held up a note saying, 'Trace the call'. The tech began typing rapidly on the computer trying to triangulate the call and get the location. It took the tech a good few minutes to finally get the location and send it to their phones.

"Soph, Uncle Greg found you. We're coming sweetheart. Just stay on the phone with me" Adam told his niece.

"I wanna go home. I want daddy"

Adam felt as if he couldn't breathe, the air had been sucked from his lungs. He was fueled by anger, fear and adrenaline. His heart broke when he heard her crying for Ryan. Hotch and Ryan had both ran up the stairs and the younger man's ears perked when they heard a conversation.

"I know darling I know. We'll be right there"

Taking off as fast as he could, Ryan bolted up the stairs and stood next to Adam and felt his heart break when he heard his daughter come back on.

"It's cold"

"We'll be right there"

"Uncle Adam, the battery. It's dying"

The others had rushed out past Voight and Hotch, Ryan and Adam were going to follow but they were held back.

"Sarge please, we have to go" Adam pleaded.

Ryan looked at his cousin. "Aaron please. That's my little girl"

Hank looked at them. "We'll bring her back. You two wait here"

Before Ryan or Adam could protest they had left out. Ryan had gone to the bathroom, his hands shaking. He gripped the sink below him terrified about the state of his daughter, one of his hands slipped into his pocket.

While he had been out with Hotch he waited till his cousin's back was turned and slipped into a store and bought a bottle of pills. He took the bottle of pills out of his pocket and stared at it, needing to take the edge away. All he needed was one little pill. Just one.

Meanwhile

Hotch, Hank and the combined teams went to the location and found an abandoned car. Hank and Hotch had gone over to search the car, taking a crowbar. Hank jammed it under the trunk door and started prying it with all his strength till the door opened.

Sophia lay inside, in and out of consciousness, the older Sergeant quickly bent down to her level and checked to see if she was breathing. Thankfully she was, Hank picked her up and held her close.

"It's alright sweetheart, it's alright" Hank soothed her.

"Grandpa?" Sophia mumbled weakly.

"That's right honey, you're safe now. Stay with me"

"Where's daddy and Uncle Adam?"

"We'll get them, let's go get you checked out"

Hank took her to the ambulance they had while the others searched nearby. There was no sign of Foyet or any sign that he was there. Aaron knew this was one of his many mind games and they had already begun with so much more to come from him.