Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

Everyone knows my secret now. They know the real me. The monster I am. I still don't know how they're handling this. But Richie didn't seem scared of me. Instead, he looks worried for me. This makes me feel glad that he's my cousin. I just hope everything will turn normal now.

-IT Got Beverly-

Y/N P.O.V

Richie and I finally reach home. I make my way to my room, because I need to calm myself down. After what happened earlier... everyone knew what I am. I don't know how I'll be able to meet them again.

I sit down on the study desk in the room. I place my hand under my chin as I stare outside. I watch as the kids walks by with their parents.

I hear a soft knock on the door. I turn my head to see Richie standing by the door. "Richie..." I said. "May I come in?" He said. I nod my head and turn my head away from him. I hear a soft creaking sound, letting me know that Richie have taken a seat on my bed.

"What brings you to my room?" I said, not looking at him. "I just... wanted to talk to you" he said. "About what?" I said, turning around to face him. "About what happened earlier..." he said. I let out a sigh and lean my head back.

"So... you're a vampire?" He said. I turn to him and nod my head. "Wow..." he said, leaning back so his back is against the headboard.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He said. "I don't want you to be scared of me..." I said, in a low voice. "I'm not scared of you. I know you wouldn't hurt me" he said. "I'm not just talking about you... I'm talking about the others too. I don't want to be feared, Richie..." I said.

"We're not. You saw that, right? None of us is scared of you" he said. "Yeah... but Bill saw me as a weapon instead" I said, sighing softly. Richie stays silent as he sighs as well.

"He just didn't know what he's saying, Y/N. He was just mad that his brother is gone..." he said, after a few moments of silence. I turn to look at him with a surprise face.

"I thought you hate him after what happen..." I said. "I'm not... Y/N. Bill and I, along with the others. We have been there for each other since day one, always have each other back no matter what. Remember what Bill always said? The Losers sticks together... and you're one of us" he said. I just give him a sad smile. He smiles and gently pat my shoulder.

"By the way... if you're a vampire. Why's your body temperature seems normal?" He said. "I'm only a half-vampire. It's like... I have this inner demon or something like that. If something triggers me, the blood-thirst side of me would surfaced" I said. He just nod his head, but he still looks confused. I just let out a chuckle at him.

"Just see it as if I have a second personality. Just like those people who have D. I. D or double personality" I said. "Well, that one makes more sense..." he said, nodding his head. I let out a chuckle and gently push his shoulder. He fall off the bed, because I push him a little too hard for a human.

"Shoot! I'm so sorry!" I said. "Oh... don't worry about it. I'm fine" he said. Even though he said that... I can tell that he's in pain. I offer my hand to him and pull him up to his feet.

"So do you drink blood?" He said. I nod my head. "Yeah... every once in a while..." I said. He gulps at what I said. I let out a chuckle at his reaction. "Relax, Richie. I'm not going to hurt you. That's why every time I see blood near you, I always run away. Before that blood-thirst side of me come to surface" I said. He just nods his head. "Yeah... that explains a lot of things..." he said, nodding his head. I just give him a small smile.

"Hey... let's forget about all these things. Let's go to the arcade?" He said. "Sure..." I said, nodding my head. He smiles and stands up. I follow along and we make our way out of my room.

***

I stand next to Richie as he plays Street Fighters. He looks so focus as he violently press the buttons. I just smile softly as I watch my cousin play his favorite game.

I feel someone walking towards us. I turn my head to see Bill. I just roll my eyes at the sight of him. I turn away, focusing on Richie's game.

"What's the matter, Y/N?" Richie said. "Bill is here" I said. Bill stands up next to me. Richie glance at him and focus his attention to the game.

"What the fuck are you doing here? You see the man I'm beating? I'm pretending that's you" he said. I bit my lips at his reaction. I can tell that he didn't mean what he said. But he's just still upset over what had happened between the Losers.

"I-IT g-got Beverly..." he said. My head turn to him so fast that I might twist it. But doesn't matter, I'm a fast healer anyway. "Are you serious?" I said. He just nods his head. The look in his eyes let's me know that he isn't joking around.

Richie ends the game and turns to look at Bill. "We have to save her..." I said. Richie just nods his head. We turn around and runs out of the arcade. I get on the bike and turn to Bill.

"Just so you know. I'm doing this for Beverly and not for you" I said, glaring at him. He just nods his head at my comment. "I-I know..." he said. I turn to look at Richie. We give each other a curt nod and we head off to gather the others. If we want to face that stupid clown, we're gonna have to work together.

I clutch onto the handlebar tightly as I cycle the bike as fast as I can. It's going to be a lot faster if I go by foot using my speed as a vampire. But the longer I let it take over. The less human I'd become... and I can't have that.

I'm not going to let that monster hurt any of my friends. I can feel my eyes changing color into a blood shade. The vampire side of me is slowly coming to surface because of the anger I'm feeling.

'Don't come out' I thought to myself. You need me, Y/N, and you know it... a female voice echoed in my head. I know who she is. Her name's Dawn. She's the vampire that's been living within me.

'No! I can handle this myself! Don't you come out!' I said, angrily. I shake my head, trying to calm it down. I can't afford losing control. Not in this kind of situation where I can risk hurting the others.

I take a couple of deep breath, trying to calm myself. My eyes turns normal as I manage to calm my nerve. Hang in there, Beverly... we're coming for you.

*to be continued*