Chapter 31- Things Always Change

Start from the beginning

"What am I to do with these feelings of mine?" He asked to no one in particular, unless he had noticed my presence. I wondered what 'feelings' he referred to? Was it perhaps about his past lover and how it involved me?

The silence was loud after he had asked, and I debated even more if I should head in or not. My feet were glued onto the floor, and I was sweating. I didn't want him to think I was nosy, even though I was being nosy but still, I wasn't like this all the time.

"So many things to do, and so little time." He said out loud once more, brushing his hair back with his fingers.  He seemed stressed, even I could see it through that smile of his. I held the doorknob firmly as I debated. I was quite intrigued, and I knew that if I asked him directly he would shut the whole thing off. There was some sort of sincerity in seeing him alone and being himself; Seeing a part I had never seen before because he didn't let me see it. And maybe he had his reasons, but I did hope that some day he would grow comfortable in showing me.

But I knew he wouldn't. He was too prideful for that, and I knew I would be contradicting myself as I knew I needed to keep my distance from him. I had tried earlier, only for that reporter to infuriate me. There was nothing. There needed to be nothing between us. But why is it that I always craved for his attention.

Without being aware, I realized I was now standing inside the room, hand on the doorknob, and the door being wide opened behind me. I simply stood there and looked at him. He still hadn't noticed me I could sense that as his back was faced towards me and faced one of the windows, muttering now to himself as if he had acknowledged and went back to being secretive:

He eventually swirled himself so he could face and his stressed expression vanished and was replaced with a joyful stare.

"Well hello there My Princess." He said as he gave me a small wave.

"Hi.." was all I could manage to reply. It was now that I had noticed some of the decor in the room, like the coat hanger, was actually made out of deer horns and hoofs. Which reminded me that I had never actually see him eating meat. In other words, fall into his predatory and sadistic ways.

"You seem exhausted My Dear." Al commented as he now reached out for some papers that were splayed out on his desk. "I thought you had forgotten about the brief meeting you called upon and rather went to sleep."

"I would say the same about you but that smile of yours disguises so many things." I told him as I mimicked his smile with my fingers that drew a smile on my face. Disregarding the second segment of his comment.

"Well, believe it or not I am quite exhausted, but of course I won't show it." He told me as he placed the now neat pile of ports into a stack.

"I assume because it's a sign of weakness?" I ask him, letting out a small scoff. Of course he would fall into this reasoning.

"Precisely."

"So you're calling me weak?" I teased him as his eyes darted to me.

"My Darling you are definitely not weak. I find it healthy for you to display your emotions." He told me as he stood up and brushed dust off of him. "Shall we make our way to the rooftop?" He asked as he looked at the buttons of his suit.

"Yeah." I told him. He pressed a few buttons and the glittering buttons all turned off one at a time. He approached me and as the room grew dark, I could see his red eyes focus on me while his yellow smile seemed more vibrant. In a creepy but reassuring way.