He looked pathetic in public, but he did not care. All he cared about is her forgiving him.

All he cared about is to be with her again.

"Please forgive this fool of a man of yours."

If you'd call him a man, that is. A sorry excuse of a man.

A child.

There she sat and leaned, the other side of the door; quiet salty tears hitting wooden floor. She's scared to face him, she doesn't know why, she knew it was just an accident, she knew he never meant it to happen. He will never will it to happen.

She hears footsteps fading like echoes, yet she still couldn't will herself to open the door. She felt much too scared.

Jealousy is one thing she can understand, but his seemingly lack of trust is something that caused a ripple in her being.

In this lifetime, she wished for never-ending happiness. Was it too much to hope for? Perhaps she's the one who's selfish.

She is ivory and indifference, the people call her; eyes cold and hard like gemstones of the earth, wintry gaze will send you freezing in place. But the people couldn't be anymore wrong, she was but a murmur of a lonely girl.

With trembling hands she took his, and whispered words that blanketed her soul to rest. He is heaven, her sky. What ever had happened to you?

"I'm sorry as well, I should've known better." She whispered, hugging her knees as she bitterly wept on the cold floor.

Days passed on, the same routine is done. Same sorry's, same flowers, same hearts. Everything is the same and Camilo loathes it.

"Papá, what should I do?" Camilo cried, what a broken man he became without her. Her very existence had become the an extension of him, he could not function without her side.

"She still wouldn't talk to me." Ugly tears streamed down his freckled face, cheeks glistening with the light. Félix felt his heart shatter at how lost and broken his son is, he became a mere husk of his former self.

"Hijo, give her some time, she's still probably startled at what happened before."

"Startled? More like terrified of me." He sniffed, tears still shamefully fell upon his rosy starry cheeks. "That's not true, 'milo! I'm sure she still loves you just as much as before."

He doubts it.

With a flick on his forehead Félix spoke: "I know what you're thinking, and no. I wholeheartedly believe she still does, she just needs time. Both of you need time. Especially you Camilo, get your mind out of the gutter, hijo!"

Perhaps it's also Félix's fault for not telling his son that too much of one thing can be unhealthy.

"I understand your fear of losing her, I really do. But have you thought how your actions effect her? Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, because of your overprotectiveness, she felt as though you don't trust her?"

And for that he'd like to apologize too.

"I do trust her though! I trust her with everything!"

He'd like to apologize for being so forgetful, so lacking.

"It probably don't seem that way to her."

Maybe if he was blessed with a gift, maybe then he'd be more useful. But for now, talking some sense into him would suffice.

The amount of trees she'd been drawing is astounding, she's been trying to keep her mind off of things ever since that day. Sometimes she could still feel the lingering pain on the side of her face, the furious look Camilo gave to Ignacio with every punched he threw at him.

Everything happened so suddenly, so much happened in a single day that it was overwhelming. Too much to keep up.

The familiar knock on the door broke her out of her trance, it was Camilo again.

She had already memorized his patterns of knocking at how many times he had been on her doorstep. The two sat on the floor; the wooden door was their only thing that's keeping them apart. So close, yet they felt so far.

"Holá cariño, it's me again. You're probably annoyed at me being at your doorstep so often, huh?" He let out a broken laugh, gripping the small basket of snacks tightly. He'd rather not cry right now.

"I, I have some fresh arepas Tiá Julieta made especially for you, amor. I know you haven't been eating well couped up inside, so I'll, uh, leave it here."

He stood up, dusting dirt off his clothes before speaking one last time: "I miss you, mi corazon. I miss you so, so much and I'm sorry." His hands touched the door, leaning his forehead against the wood.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, I could never forgive myself for what I did. I'm sorry for being so overprotective, I literally have no excuse aside from getting scared that I'll lose you, but that in of itself is not a valid excuse." He couldn't help but choke up a sob, his free hand covering his mouth a valiant attempt to hide his cries. But the woman on the other side heard it loud and clear, her own tears flowing freely down her cheeks.

"I love you, I love you so much."

She had long since forgiven him, she just simply couldn't face him at the moment. Her heart screamed to open the door, yet her mind was not ready to talk to him. Not yet.

"I love you too..."

My love, we both drowned under the waters of words we left unsaid.

Yet for some reason, drowning doesn't sound so terrifying —knowing that I'd be drowning alongside with you.