Chapter Forty: Ending?

Start from the beginning

I opened my eyes only a second later, standing in front of Thanos. His spear swinging fiercely before I even had a moment to let out a breathe. I quickly rolled out of the way. My eyes searching for the van, for Carol. 

But, then I saw Thanos' eyes on the same path. 

"Over here!" I shouted. I sent a blast into his back, but this only caused him to stumble. But, his eyes weren't going off the target. 

I scrambled towards him, honing all the power I could, and I hurtled myself into him. I hit him hard, barreling the two of us to the ground. I rolled onto my back, the breathe knocked out of me. I looked up to see Thanos towering over me, he grabbed me by the scruff of my shirt and tossed me. 

"Watch as I ruin everything you worked so hard for me," he said with a sickly smile on his face. With a flick of his arm he hurtled his spear towards the van.

"NO!" I screamed, but it was too late. It landed in the van, causing the entire thing to blow just as Carol was reaching it. 

"You humans try so hard, but it's useless," Thanos said. 

Then I saw it. It was glimmering in the sun. The gauntlet on the ground. I looked to my sides, trying to be nonchalant. I saw Steve, Thor, and Tony all take  notice. I made eye contact with Steve for a moment. He shook his head slightly, he didn't want me to go for it. 

But, I scrambled to my feet. I was the only one who could to it before Thanos. Who noticed just as I got to my feet. I breathed in, teleported, and swiped the gauntlet as soon as I appeared. 

I saw Thanos hurtling towards me. I froze, not sure where to move. Steve, then lunged for him, trying to put himself between us. But, Thanos hit him, his body hitting the ground hard. 

I teleported out of the way quickly, going towards Steve's body. 

"So predictable," a voice behind me said. Then, I was knocked to the ground hard. It was as if the world was swirling all around me. But, before my senses could come back to me, the glove was snatched from my hand. 

"Stop.." my voice came out, but the words barely came out as whisper. 

"Pathetic," Thanos spat. "I could have turned you into so much more." 

His hand slid into the glove. I knew what would come next. I try to raise myself to my feet. I wobbled, then was pushed to the side. But, Carol was on him in a moment. Stopping him from snapping. 

I laid back, trying to catch my breathe. I couldn't let it end like this. That stone came to me for a reason. 

I gasped as I felt power surge to my side, I looked up to see Thanos pulling  a stone out of the gauntlet, and slammed his fist into Carol, sending her sprawling on the ground. All I could do was wince. 

But, I slowly got to  my feet. Pushing myself harder than I ever had before. I looked over and saw Tony up on his feet too. I nodded at him. It was down to us. 

"I'll distract him," I sent in a brain message. 

Tony nodded back. 

I inhaled and put all the power I could and sent an energy blast at Thanos, getting his attention. I could feel myself floating again, all my power surging inside of me as the anger started to boil over. He wasn't going to take it all away again. 

"You're too late," Thanos said, holding his hand out. But as he did, Tony put a nano-clamping device on the glove, stopping him from him snapping. 

Tony lunges for him, but Thanos knocks him to the side. 

I watch in horror as Thanos lift his hand, this time the clamp was gone. 

"I am inevitable," he said, a victory smile playing on his lips.

 But, when his hand snaps, nothing happened. I watched as he fiercely turned to Tony, then he picked up a spear on the ground. 

I make eye contact with Tony, who I can see is wielding all of the stones.

I teleported towards him, knowing exactly what Thanos was going to do. I opened my eyes, and I was directly in front of Tony. But, there was something lodged in my stomach. I looked down to see the spear sticking out of my side. 

"Morgan!" Tony said, his hands shaking. I could still see all of the stones. 

"Tony don't-" I started, to move towards him. I could take it. I thought I could take it. I had to take it. 

But, before I could try and move any further I fell to my knees. 

"I promised Steve," was all he said to me, tears in his eyes, before he turned to Thanos. 

"And I... I am Iron Man," Tony said defiantly before snapping his fingers.