"Susan Collins, you are a genius.", i say still amazed by the very poem before me.
"God damn this is some cheesy ass shit.", Eric says while streching.
I just roll my eyes and poke his chest hard.
"At least i have found a poem.", i sing.
He just groans and starts looking through the book again.

*Flashback end*

*Flashback* (Grace just got dumped by his boyfriend at that time)

Grace was lying on her stomach on her bed, silent sobs racking her fragile body.
The house was quiet, her mother and sister were doing some shopping trying to avoid the mess Grace was in at the moment. The curtains in her room were closed and her room was a mess, the large mirror next to the giant windows was cracked completely due to the phone she had thrown at the mirror.
She hugged the pillow tighter and buried her face further into it letting out a hurtful scream.
How could he do this to her? What had she possibly done to deserve this? Wasnt she good enough? So many questions ran through her head and all of them were doomed to never be answered.
Suddenly she hears rapid knocking on the front door. Her head shoots up and hope fills her body as she looks at the door in hopes it would be him.
"Grace, open up! Its Eric.", Eric says and kocks on the door again.
But for some reason the fact that her bestfriend was standing infront of her door made her cry even more and she buries her face in her already wet pillow again.
After a while the knocking stops and its silent again before a very pissed Eric barges through Graces bedroom door. As soon as his gaze lands on her his eyes soften and he crouches down next to her.
"Hey, hey, hey..", he mutters pulling her into his arms, "its okay... Who do i need to beat up?"
Her sobs turn into laughter for a split second before she buries her face into the crook of his neck.
"H-he s-aid he j-just wa-wanted to-to fuck me-me. He n-never lo-loved me!", she sobs and rage was boiling inside of Eric. He clenches his jaw. How dare he play with his bestfriend?
"Its okay, look at me, its okay. He's an asshole and he never deserved you in the first place. You should have listened to my warnings.", he whispers, while she goes back to hugging the pillow.
She just smiles sadly after her breathing evens out.
"You always seem to know whats right. How could i just be so fucking stupid?", she mutters.
"Well i guess thats what love does to us, all rational and objective perspectives are banished and replaced by goo goo lovey doo doo.", he says and waves around with his hands, which made her laugh.
"Goo goo lovey doo doo? What does that mean?", she laughs.
"It means im fucking in love and my brain's a fucking mess right now so dont bother to rationalize with me.", he explains and she laughs again.
"Im so glad i have you Eric. You're the best friend any girl could wish for.", she says after a while and he just winks at her.
Suddenly she pulls out a book under her mattress, her poem book, and hands it to him.
"Can you read it to me again?... Please?", she asks weakly and he didnt even need to ask which one since there was only one single poem written down. So he opend it, looking at those beautiful handwritten words and started reading.
"Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow
Lay down your head and close your sleepy eyes
And when again they open, the sun will rise", he pauses and looks at her she had closed her eyes and tears were still streaming down her face. He hated this poem but he knew that this was her favorite so for her sake he was willing to let that hatred go for a certain while.