ā†³ Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"I guess we don't have any other option," the light element caressed his chin while he was deep in thought. "Hey, do we have to use a screwdriver for that?" Y/n had a bit of difficulty trying to see from her height. Boboiboy Solar looked up once again to scan the air vent. "I don't think so, I think it is one of those vents that you can just simply remove easily," he explained to her which caused her to nod at him in understanding.

Boboiboy Solar jumped greatly, pulling the vent off from its place before bringing it down with him; he placed it on the ground soon after. Y/n and the young man watched the opened air vent in silence. The elemental hero turned to the girl and spoke out to suggest something. "I propose that you should try and see if we can get help from up there since you're smaller in size," he explained to the young female, hoping that she would agree with his plan. Y/n wasn't a hard person to talk to, she nodded her head in agreement.

"Good thing I wasn't wearing my school uniform," Y/n could only imagine her struggle with the skirt, whether it may be long or short it was still difficult to manoeuvre, crawl and climb with a skirt on. She was thankful that she was wearing her second physical education uniform. That's when Y/n realised something, her face fell and turned back to Solar. "Wait, how am I supposed to get up there?" She questioned him, knowing how much she jumps she still won't make it.

Solar certainly didn't think about that part. The male student craned his head to look back to the vent, humming slightly while he began thinking to himself. There were no chairs or stable boxes that they could use to stand on. "Get on," he suddenly demanded bluntly, making the girl flinch in surprise. Y/n wasn't sure if she heard him right. "W-what?" She mindlessly stammered while snapping her head towards him in astonishment.

"You heard me. Get on, I'll give you a boost," his voice was stern and it matched his serious expression. The thought of that itself makes Y/n flustered, never had she been that close to a male in her life. "But..." She tried to protest, worried that she may hurt him. Worried thoughts flooded her mind, thinking if he couldn't carry her because she was too heavy. What if she was heavy? What if Solar can't lift her because of that?

"Do you want to get stuck here or what?" He shot her, raising an eyebrow. After that, he looked away and found the floor interesting to look at suddenly. "But you know, I certainly don't mind that..." He suddenly mumbled incoherently, confusing the female since she couldn't hear him with the complicated way that he spoke. "What did you say?" She questioned him in curiosity, leaning closer to him to hear better.

"I-I was asking you to a-answer my question!" He stuttered and blushed furiously, looking away to hide his blooming face from her. His head looked like it was steaming somehow. If only his solar ball had hands, it will probably facepalm at his summoner in disappointment. "I don't want to get stuck in here but if that's what we have to do then okay..." Y/n answered, shoving off her problematic thoughts.

Taking off his hat so that it won't bother her, he crouched down on the ground. Arms draped over his lap, he turned to the female before gesturing for her to get on. "Hold on," Y/n rose a hand up before she untied the laces of her shoes. She didn't want to get him dirty that's why she decided to take it off. Since she was rushing and that she's nervous, she clumsily tried to untie her shoes which took a while.

With a deep sigh, Boboiboy Solar leaned towards her suddenly. Lightly shoving her hands away from her shoes, he insisted that he'll help her instead. Y/n couldn't argue with him because he was being serious and that his new personality was sort of demanding and quite earnest in contrast to his nice and warm personality. The female stared at him in astonishment, now she was wondering what's the name he goes with.

She concluded that it has something to do with light although she still didn't know what his elemental split name was because he didn't mention it. With his heart accelerating, he clenched his jaw to hold himself down from reacting to their closeness. Their heads were brushing against each other as he untied her shoelaces for her. This moment will forever invade his mind before he sleeps.