Chapter 15: Kinji Hakari & His Fever!

Start from the beginning

This was the only way to get closer to the suspended 3rd-year student. If we simply asked to meet, Hakari would be on his guard and we weren't supposed to know his name, so the boys and I kept quiet regarding the Hakari subject. The muscular man was about to protest, but the suited man stepped in.

"That's enough. Boss said it's okay." He stated, holding up his cell phone. "We'll throw him in as today's seeded fighter. But he's the one who has to fight."

The man pointed at Yuji to which the pink-haired boy gave him a confused yet surprised look.

Good. Yuji is better suited for that.

"No, it has to be me." Megumi countered back, pretending that he wanted to participate.

"Boss doesn't like you. If you don't like it, then the deal's off." The suited man stated with a smile and Megumi went quiet for a moment while I noticed a CCTV camera at the corner of the wall, facing its lens directly at us.

"Understood. We accept." Megumi responded back and with that, the boys and I turned around and walked out of the garage of the building.

As the three of us quietly walked down the streets together, Yuji finally spoke up and broke the silence.

"Guys, all that bluffing was risky." Yuji stated in a concerned tone.

"Not really. If curse users are fighting then there must be turnover." I stated, shoving my hands into the pocket of my jacket.

"Besides yeah he's around." Megumi added.

"If he was watching us through the security cameras then it's likely that he's here. Although he could be located far away." Yuji pointed out.

"You'll join the fights and get a look from the inside. Meanwhile, Nana and I will sneak into the parking garage. Maybe." Megumi instructed Yuji.

"Maybe?" the pink-haired boy repeated the word.

"We think they want to see what we're up to. If they catch us trying to sneak in, there's no chance of getting them to trust you... And we won't get to meet Hakari senpai." I explained.

"If that happens, we can just use force." Yuji suggested.

"Sure but only as a last resort. We have only come to request Hakari Senpai's corporation. I want to avoid anything that might have a lasting effect on relations as much as possible anyway. To be honest, Nana and I should just lie low tonight... But I don't want to waste any more time before Tsumiki's deadline to declare participation in the Culling Game." Megumi stated and Yuji looked down at his cell phone.

"Right now it's 5:00 PM on the 10th which leaves us 9 days. It took longer than I thought to get this far." Yuji noted.

"So, Nana and I'll sneak in to look for Hakari senpai, but if things get dicey, we are out. That's what I meant by maybe." Megumi stated and the Itadori boy gave him a huge grin.

"Okay, got it!"

Later that evening, the boys and I went back to that abandoned building, where Yuji went inside to meet up with those bodyguards again for the upcoming fight he was participating in while Megumi and I sneaked in with the help of his Shadow technique without anyone noticing. Megumi and I hid in his Shadows by emerging into it and entered the building, avoiding the CCTVs and the eyes of any humans. After that, we arrived at a parking lot where there was a huge space in the middle of that area and the ceiling above it was missing for some reason with a huge hole created there. The non-sorcerer spectators all gathered around at the edge of that hole to watch the matches from above, looking down at the fighting ground. Megumi and I hid behind the walls and watched as the announcer walked into our view.