𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

Start from the beginning

Alex's whole body became a statue when she heard a loud electronic humming before a large blue cloud of smoke appeared just above the trees in the distance. The Easton girl was about to ignore it when she heard a blood-chilling scream. After a moment of hesitation, Alex sprinted toward the chaos. When the Easton girl finally reached her destination, she could hardly believe her eyes. Atlas was being held by a man twice his size while another pointed an alien-like machine straight at him. All the doubt she was feeling vanished in an instant when she saw the fear on the Duncan boy's face. He needed help and she was the only one around who could save him.

Just as she was about to make an attempt to rescue him, a strange sound filled the air. Confusion flowed through Alex's veins before she looked up toward the source of the sound to find Spider-Man on the bridge above them. After he silenced his cell phone, Peter jumped down from his hiding place to stand in front of the three men.

"Hey! Come on. If you're gonna shoot at somebody, shoot at me," the Parker boy told them with his arms held out wide.

Alex took the distraction of Spider-Man as the opportunity to sprint forward and punch the man restraining Atlas in the face. His grip around the Duncan boy vanished as he stumbled back. The Easton girl didn't hesitate to grab Atlas and sprinted away from the danger. It wasn't long after that when the two of them arrived back at Alex's apartment.

The Easton girl instantly put Atlas down before she turned and locked the door. Her heavy breathing was the only sound that could be heard as Alex leaned her head against the front door. Her mind tried to comprehend everything that just happened before she realized she left Peter behind. Just as she was about to race back to where she just came from, a voice calling out to her stopped her in her tracks.

"Alex?" Altas muttered just loud enough for her, causing her to mentally curse herself for not bringing her mask before she turned around to face the raven-haired boy, "what the h*ll is going on?!"

"Look, I promise I'll explain everything later. But, right now, I need to go help...Spider-Man," the redheaded girl said as she grabbed her mask off of the coffee table and placed it over her eyes. Before Altas had a chance to respond, Alex left the apartment and locked the door from the outside. A small sigh passed over her lips before she sprinted back the way she came.

Just as she sprinted past a lake, a strong gust of wind came out of nowhere and knocked her off her feet. Alex failed to regain her balance and ended up falling into the water. A gasp passed over her lips after she resurfaced before she looked up to see a shadow in the sky getting smaller and smaller. Confusion filled every inch of her veins as she watched it continue to shrink until something white appeared out of nowhere. The speck soon began to plummet towards the earth before Alex picked up on a familiar scream filling the air. Just as she realized Peter Parker was the one falling through the air, he landed in the water.

Alex was about to sprint out onto the lake to save the Parker boy when a machine appeared out of nowhere and dove into the water after him. The speedster just stood there for a long moment before both Peter and the machine resurfaced. The Easton girl didn't hesitate to race after them as they flew to the other side of the lake. As soon as she saw Peter get placed on top of a play structure, Alex ducked behind a nearby tree in order to hear what was happening.

"And then he just, like, swooped down like a monster and picked me up, and took me up like a thousand feet and just dropped me," the Parker boy rambled while wringing the water out of his mask, "how'd you find me? Did you put a tracker in my suit? Or something?"

"I put everything in your suit. Including this heater," the familiar voice of Tony Stark said, making Alex want to sprint away from the two of them as she watched steam emit from Peter's body.